Need Help: The wedding dance tunes thread

It's a sad state that a thread about what music you want at your funeral gets pages of replies and this one is stillborn.

The song title game thread has over 2200 posts. What Goldtop is listening to has another 1200. I'm pretty sure some people around here should know a few dance tunes for a wedding.

My forum brothers let me down... :bawling:

DUUUUUDE! I never saw it... of course I pretty much just hit "General" and "Electric Guitars".... I just saw this on the "activity"
or I wouldn't have even been in this forum! ;)

So... Congradulations! :D

Music!?

Ok stuff EVERYBODY LOVED at weddings.

BRICK HOUSE
PLAY THAT FUNKY MUSIC

Those two for some reason get butts out of chairs EVERY TIME. ;)

What are you talkin' bout Bill? I gave you four great tunes and you poo-pooed them.

not so, my friend. you came through for me!

I did poo poo Timberlake in general and the lyrics for the Rick James tune, but I'm all over Daft Punk and Marvin Gaye!

Last edited:

Bruno Mars = new, fresh, funky and fun. I chose live versions to win over the musician in you, but the studio versions are just as good ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
HOLD ON! I've got one. My wife and i used this song at our wedding during the main course. Went over very well as it's a "deep cut" type of song. Besides, we're from Jersey, it's the law, one Bruce and/or Bon Jovi song or you're not really married! :proud:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a sad state that a thread about what music you want at your funeral gets pages of replies and this one is stillborn.

The song title game thread has over 2200 posts. What Goldtop is listening to has another 1200. I'm pretty sure some people around here should know a few dance tunes for a wedding.

My forum brothers let me down... :bawling:

Bill,

Hopefully you're being tongue-in-cheek, so the first part of my reply will be the same. Here goes: Right. You're planning not only a themed wedding, but a Celtic themed wedding, and we're supposed to be able to come up with viable suggestions?!? I can't imagine that the number of forum members who have attended and/or planned a Celtic wedding are all that great, so speaking purely for myself from a position of inexperience, please forgive me.

(End of tongue-in-cheek reply.)

Secondly (and this part of my reply is 100% sincere), as I often say in posts, inspiration is where you find it. The key word there being you. Things may seem troubling at the moment, but have faith that you will find the inspiration and ideas for the playlist in due time, and try not to stress over it. They'll come, and the wedding will go off without a hitch, because what matters most is how you two feel for each other. Not the music that gets played.

Your original post said 'What would be on your must play list for a wedding these days?'. You've gotten some suggestions, but ultimately this comes down to you and ??? to decide.
Even if you take the Celtic aspect out of the equation, we can't be expected to know what music you and those at your wedding would most like to hear, because most of us don't know your tastes.

Again, speaking purely for myself, playlists for weddings - Celtic or otherwise - simply aren't high on my list of priorities/interests at this point in my life. No offense intended in any way, and as I said before, Good Luck to you both.

Goldtop

Last edited:
Back