My Very Own Shout-Out In 30 Seconds To Mars Show!

László

Too Many Notes
So if anyone remembers my last thread on this subject, my son did a little impromptu live streaming show playing keys/guitar with Jared Leto of 30 Seconds to Mars a few weeks back, and I complained here that he didn't tell me about it. So afterward I mentioned to him, "Uh, give me a heads up, OK?"

So I got a text in plenty of time that he was doing another one of these shows with 30 Seconds To Mars today. This time I got to watch the live event. And much to my surprise, the show started with Jamie singing lead on a Mars tune playing with the guys for a soundcheck.

Which, OK, that made the price of admission worthwhile for this Dad right there. If nothing else had happened, I'd have been good. As it happens, there were a number of songs, and I got to see my son perform.

But here's the fun part.

The show was really off-the-cuff, broadcast from Jared's studio. Very informal, not like a concert, more like a session. The guys started goofing around a little and struck up a bit of "Pinball Wizard," just as a gag. As luck would have it, none of them actually knew the tune very well, and when Jamie hit a bad chord they all laughed, and he said to the camera, "Sorry Dad!"

Hahahaha! I (being "Dad") finally got a shout-out! :top:

Don't worry son, I'll teach ya the tune next time you're in town...

Very cool Les! Gotta show him how it's done, as my dad always says, "I taught you everything you know... but not everything I know." :D

Back