My Boy at The When We Were Young Festival - In Two Bands, Added Pics And Video

László

Too Many Notes
I just found out last night my son is playing in two bands in the When We Were Young Festival today and tomorrow: The Academy Is, and also 30 Seconds to Mars.

The headliners are Green Day and Blink 182. So that's fun too.

I think the whole thing is pretty cool, and he'll have a great time. So if you're in the Vegas area, and you're into the music, go!

Edit: Video and pics below.

Last edited:
I'd love to see it, but I had a previous commitment to score a short film this weekend. The score for the rough cut was approved last night, but there's mix work to do, and who knows if the final cut will need revisions.

Still, it's what I do and I love doing it.

I even to to use orchestral instrumentation! [Gasp]

Last edited:
30 seconds to mars? Score. I miss their old school stuff. It’s no wonder their guitarist left a few years back.
It wasn't about that. All three members (I'm including Tomo) are really nice people, and my son loves working with them.

Jamie produced two songs on their last record. But yeah, the newer stuff is certainly different. I think they like to go in various directions with the material.

Last edited:
Both of today's shows went well - my son said he had a blast!

T.A.I. went on in the afternoon, and Mars went on after dark. I was sent some great pics, but I don't know whether it's OK to post them, so for now I won't. But judging from pics from backstage, it looks like they played for a sea of people.

60,000 people is a heckuva good crowd to play for!

"You've certainly never done it, loser."

"True. But a zillion people have heard my music on TV ads. Doesn't that count?"

"Dude. The only people who sit through TV ads are the ones who don't know how to use the remote to fast-forward through the commercials."

"Wait, you're saying people don't watch the commercials? But they're such pithy mini-dramas or mini-comedies -- you'd think folks would be fascinated!"

"People do get off the couch and take a pith when commercials come on, I'll grant you that. But commercials also pith a lot of people off!" :rolleyes:

"I thirtainly don't underthtand why!"

Last edited:
Back