My first PRS. Am I too new to post a NGD?

Congrats on the first of many! Beautiful color, nice choice!

NICE! That's a beauty--looks to be in fantastic shape, too!

Regarding those tuners... the comments above are correct. But if you're like me and find those tuners to be a little frustrating, you could always change them out for these, with no structural modifications needed:
https://www.johnmannsguitarvault.co...ler-M6-Locking-Tuner-Set---Gold-x42807274.htm

(The key/trick here is that they have the "Modified D-G tuner shared mounting screw.") I have no affiliation with John Mann's guitar vault and/or I do not make any money off this; however I've swapped them on one older guitar and I was happy to have the newer-style/faster/easier-to-use locking posts. This is no doubt a serious point of contention around here, but... hey, I just find the newer locking design easier/faster and less hassle.

Nice - congrats! And welcome aboard. We even have a winged tuner expert around...

wingsignal.jpg

Clearly you aren’t too new for an NGD.
Great choice.
Next time you change strings, pull each as tight as you can before locking the tuner and tuning up - your wings will look prettier.
Thank you. Will do. I've read about the "Christmas tree" look. Previous owner put a fresh set of 9's on just prior to our trade. 9's are also a first for me and I was skeptical but they feel right on this guitar.

Welcome! I think you posted this on TGP and I already said "sweet!" over there, but I'll say it again here because it's true. Sweet!

Welcome! I think you posted this on TGP and I already said "sweet!" over there, but I'll say it again here because it's true. Sweet!
Thank you Aahzz! I did...shameful self promoting.

Newbie question. I assume my CU22 is not a "10 top" (though is has more figuring than any guitar I've owned). Is it referred to as a "plain" maple cap?

Newbie question. I assume my CU22 is not a "10 top" (though is has more figuring than any guitar I've owned). Is it referred to as a "plain" maple cap?

If it's not a 10, it's generally just referred to as "non-10" if anything, because it's still a figured top, not plain. If yours is a 10 it'd have a 10 on the back of the headstock at the top point, separate from the serial number.

Back