My beloved ME1 headed to the PTC...

BlackhawksCRNA

My 2004 charcoal ME1 is headed to the PTC. Shes getting the finish glossed and the rosewood neck treatment. 4-6 weeks, cant wait....

Last edited:
I am very tempted to send mine in to be glossed as well. Can you please explain what the "rosewood neck treatment" includes?

I am very tempted to send mine in to be glossed as well. Can you please explain what the "rosewood neck treatment" includes?
From prs..."
> We have a procedure which will not only condition the neck, it will make it feel as smooth as polished marble. The procedure takes quite a while to complete because there are multiple steps involved, but the results are amazing

I had this service done to one of my BRW McCartys. It was well worth it.
I cant wait. I almost had this all done a year ago and waffled because I didnt want to mess with a stock original ME, but at the end of the day, its not going anywhere, and if it makes it more playable, Im in..

Here's the invoice from when I had that done.

IMG_0012.jpg

And... here is the result.

IMG_0020.jpg

Here's the invoice from when I had that done.

IMG_0012.jpg

And... here is the result.

IMG_0020.jpg

That looks awesome...now I'm thinking about sending my 59/09 in. I didn't know about the rosewood treatment, and I'm always up for extreme awesomeness \m/!!

That looks awesome...now I'm thinking about sending my 59/09 in. I didn't know about the rosewood treatment, and I'm always up for extreme awesomeness \m/!!

As a fellow 59/09 owner you've got to show a picture, I love to see as many of these beauties as I can!

I have also received Dr. Zimmers extreme awesomeness treatment....and can happily report it is worth EVERY PENNY!!!

As a fellow 59/09 owner you've got to show a picture, I love to see as many of these beauties as I can!

Will do - I'll start a 59/09 thread:) I know there were a few 59/09 players at BAM who had some beauties.

I think I'm in for the rosewood neck treatment/awesomeness:)

i did an "awesomeness" treatment myself.
very fine sanding with rounding the fretboard edges and customizing the carve to my needs
and special oil finish - no wax!

RW-neck1.jpg

DSC00327-1.jpg

Heres the before, can't wait to see the after. I decided on 57/08 bridge, 53/10 neck. Black pickup rings, knobs, etc..

Last edited:
Gorgeous!!!

Is the neck treatment the same as the 'Private Stock Finish' you can now spec on your PS RW necks??

Gorgeous!!!

Is the neck treatment the same as the 'Private Stock Finish' you can now spec on your PS RW necks??
Timmy,

The BRW neck treatment (of Extreme Awesomeness) is different than what is used on East IRW necks.

Timmy,

The BRW neck treatment (of Extreme Awesomeness) is different than what is used on East IRW necks.

I have a Ziricote neck Incometh.... It has some special mojo finish thingery happening.... can't wait!

Back