MT 15

Yeah, really. The wife said I can't buy any more guitars, she didn't say I couldn't buy any more amps. :D She also didn't say anything about trying to win them :D

Lol. Picturing you asking for it in writing. "Ok honey, sign right here next to my signature, under where it says I will not buy any more guitars." Should stand up in any divorce court...

In fact, if you buy used guitars from LSchefman you should be within the letter of the law also.
That would be buying Les guitars, not more guitars. ;)

Last edited:
Lol. Picturing you asking for it in writing. "Ok honey, sign right here next to my signature, under where it says I will not buy any more guitars." Should stand up in any divorce court...

In fact, if you by used guitars from LSchefman you should be within the letter of the law also.
That would be buying Les guitars, not more guitars. ;)
I can always use the ? Well you just bought an Ibanez, I should be able to buy a new one too" excuse ;)

Fixed it for ya. I’ll be dead when any of my current guitars are sold. :eek:
After I posted I thought a little more, and I think you're missing an opportunity.
Guitar dealer. Les Guitars, for all those who aren't allowed to buy any more!
(An additional source of revenue could be putting divorce lawyers cards in every case.)

After I posted I thought a little more, and I think you're missing an opportunity.
Guitar dealer. Les Guitars, for all those who aren't allowed to buy any more!
(An additional source of revenue could be putting divorce lawyers cards in every case.)

Yeah, but...if I was a guitar dealer, then I’d have to deal with whiny customers, right? I’m pretty sure I’d tell them to f^ck off and deal with their neuroses themselves. Probably not good for business.

Also, I know nothing about setting up guitars, other than the part about whether they feel nice, or not.

Annnnnnddd...divorce law. I’d rather be drawn and quartered than have that job. It would be less painful.

One of the great things about making a living in music is not having to deal with whiners and people under desperate stress/anger/shock/madness. That’s partly why I do what I do!

“Les, there’s something wrong with my guitar, and look, this knob doesn’t match the other knobs well enough.”

“Tough luck. I don’t care.”

“This is lousy customer service, sir! I’m never coming back!”

“Of course it’s bad customer service! I’m not into customer service. One less headache for me. No guitars for you! Next?”

Etc.

Last edited:
Yeah, but...if I was a guitar dealer, then I’d have to deal with whiny customers, right? I’m pretty sure I’d tell them to f^ck off and deal with their neuroses themselves. Probably not good for business.

Also, I know nothing about setting up guitars, other than the part about whether they feel nice, or not.

Annnnnnddd...divorce law. I’d rather be drawn and quartered than have that job. It would be less painful.

One of the great things about making a living in music is not having to deal with whiners and people under desperate stress/anger/shock/madness. That’s partly why I do what I do!

“Les, there’s something wrong with my guitar, and look, this knob doesn’t match the other knobs well enough.”

“Sure it’s bad customer service! I’m into providing no customer service at all. And if you don’t come back, it’s one less headache for me. No guitars for you! Next?”

Etc.

Sometime I'll have to tell you about the owner of the music store I worked at from age 16 - 20. You pretty much nailed him. Loved that guy!

Hahaha! I love it!
Okay. I hate to derail the thread, but I'd like to see the MT-15 thread competing with the Silver Sky thread (I'd have to post my story one letter at a time to get close) so I'll tell you an amp related tale.
Bob didn't care about music. He sold records and musical instruments to make money. Didn't play a note.
So back in the day, long before I worked there,The Who did a show in Baltimore.
The day after the tour manager showed up at his store, the local authorized Vox dealer, with a cabinet to "return under warranty".
The cabinet still had guitar parts in the holes punched through it.
Bob sent him on his way, basically threw him out of the store. (Like the "Couldn't Care Les" Customer Service Dept.)

I wonder if the PRS warranty covers an MT112 with a guitar neck in it?

Okay. I hate to derail the thread, but I'd like to see the MT-15 thread competing with the Silver Sky thread (I'd have to post my story one letter at a time to get close) so I'll tell you an amp related tale.
Bob didn't care about music. He sold records and musical instruments to make money. Didn't play a note.
So back in the day, long before I worked there,The Who did a show in Baltimore.
The day after the tour manager showed up at his store, the local authorized Vox dealer, with a cabinet to "return under warranty".
The cabinet still had guitar parts in the holes punched through it.
Bob sent him on his way, basically threw him out of the store. (Like the "Couldn't Care Les" Customer Service Dept.)

I wonder if the PRS warranty covers an MT112 with a guitar neck in it?

I really love this story, cheeky tour manager, cranky store owner, and all!

Little did he know that a cabinet destroyed by The Who might later be a valuable collectible. :p

“Of course it’s bad customer service! I’m not into customer service. One less headache for me. No guitars for you! Next?”

Etc.
Les Guitars aka: The Guitar Nazi.

Les Guitars aka: The Guitar Nazi.

Haha! That’d be me.

But maybe it’d be better if, instead of being all customer-friendly-for-the-sake-of-sales, business people simply said what they were really thinking...

“Hi, I need to return this shirt.”

“Why?”

“It doesn’t fit.”

“You’re saying you didn’t wear it?”

“Uh, yes, that’s right. Because it doesn’t fit.”

“Well why didn’t you try it on before you bought it? And what’s this ketchup stain doing on the front if you didn’t wear it? I’m not buying your wicked little lies! You bring me a shirt that you didn’t try on, and try to return it with a ketchup stain, and I’m supposed to be all nice and just eat the sale? No way. Next!”

“I’m never shopping here again!!!”

“Darn right you’re not, you idiot! Next!”

Or...

“Hi, I need to buy a shirt.”

“Will you please do me a favor and buy an expensive one? I haven’t had a decent sale all day.”

“What?”

“Don’t pretend you didn’t hear me! Get out the credit card and buy an expensive shirt right now!”

“Are you serious?”

“Am I serious. Really? You can’t see the desperation in my eyes? Just...hand me that wallet!”

“No! Are you crazy?”

(Starts wrestling with the customer for the wallet)

Yeah, really. The wife said I can't buy any more guitars, she didn't say I couldn't buy any more amps. :D She also didn't say anything about trying to win them :D

You'll just have to trade for guitars. And that's all you have to say.

You don't have to tell her you traded a stack of $20 bills for the guitar. That's just a technicality.

Haha! That’d be me.

But maybe it’d be better if, instead of being all customer-friendly-for-the-sake-of-sales, business people simply said what they were really thinking...

“Hi, I need to return this shirt.”

“Why?”

“It doesn’t fit.”

“You’re saying you didn’t wear it?”

“Uh, yes, that’s right. Because it doesn’t fit.”

“Well why didn’t you try it on before you bought it? And what’s this ketchup stain doing on the front if you didn’t wear it? I’m not buying your wicked little lies! You bring me a shirt that you didn’t try on, and try to return it with a ketchup stain, and I’m supposed to be all nice and just eat the sale? No way. Next!”

“I’m never shopping here again!!!”

“Darn right you’re not, you idiot! Next!”

Or...

“Hi, I need to buy a shirt.”

“Will you please do me a favor and buy an expensive one? I haven’t had a decent sale all day.”

“What?”

“Don’t pretend you didn’t hear me! Get out the credit card and buy an expensive shirt right now!”

“Are you serious?”

“Am I serious. Really? You can’t see the desperation in my eyes? Just...hand me that wallet!”

“No! Are you crazy?”

(Starts wrestling with the customer for the wallet)
In the style of Basil Fawlty?!;)

Something for you to aspire to Les -

That’s the funniest thing I’ve ever seen.

Back when I was a boy lawyer, after a few years of working for a firm, I decided to open a little law practice of my own. This was long before I left law to go into music.

I hired an office manager/legal secretary who was very good, but she’d look up at the ceiling and sigh whenever I asked her to do anything. Then she’d shake her head, like I was completely insane, make some other breathy noises, then she’d do what I asked her to do, and do it quite well.

At first, I thought, well, I’ll replace her ASAP. But she was so good, and so organized, that I realized that I was better off living with the quirks. It was definitely like having an efficient Basil Fawlty.

Before she worked for me, and before I became partners with a good friend, she’d broken his legal secretary’s nose in a fight working at another firm. So that became kind of an interesting dynamic. o_O

(Apology for thread derail!!)

Last edited:
Back