MT 15

I have not pre-ordered one of these, because I just assume I'm going to win one based on my single submission to the contest.

In the bizarro situation where I DON'T win the contest, I am hoping/assuming that one will be available to purchase shortly after release?!?!? This isn't going to be a Silver Sky type situation, is it?

Kevin
No, the factory where these are made can probably handle a lot higher production. Still, these are selling like crazy, so I wouldn’t expect to see one right away, but the SS are on 8 month back order already so the MT15 won’t bey anything like that.

No, the factory where these are made can probably handle a lot higher production. Still, these are selling like crazy, so I wouldn’t expect to see one right away, but the SS are on 8 month back order already so the MT15 won’t bey anything like that.
I suspect the same...because of where these are being made, should be able to produce more quickly than say an Archon that is assembled here in the USA. One less piece of the assembly line process.

The real question is all the preorders and expected initial supply...as we all know, the numbers dealers are told they will get rarely match the number that arrive.

Oh well, patience is a virtue and with each passing day the excitement builds!!! Sick of watching all the videos...want to mate it with one of my 2x12's and thrash away!!!!

Got to play through one of these Saturday at a PRS event at my local dealer.

I think there are going to be a lot of happy people when these things arrive.
Awesome!!! Can you share more details? Curious how it compares to the Archon considering it shares the same gain stages...how much different is the voicing, dynamics, etc.

Most dealers near me don't carry much for PRS core line guitars or their amps...definitely haven't seen a dealer day around here in a while!

I suspect the same...because of where these are being made, should be able to produce more quickly than say an Archon that is assembled here in the USA. One less piece of the assembly line process.

The real question is all the preorders and expected initial supply...as we all know, the numbers dealers are told they will get rarely match the number that arrive.

Oh well, patience is a virtue and with each passing day the excitement builds!!! Sick of watching all the videos...want to mate it with one of my 2x12's and thrash away!!!!

Me too!

C’mon man...

Yeah, I know - finally getting back to the forum.

Full disclosure - I didn't run through everything on the amp like I normally would for a test drive. I was a tad distracted. It was not running through the MT cab, just a Mesa Boogie 1x12.

The bulk of the time was spent on the clean channel. Given the environment, I'm a little hesitant to declare it equal to the Archon, but I will not say it's inferior. There was nothing lacking there to my ears, but it was a little noisy to hear everything. I would have liked to run through the range of the gain on this channel, but it didn't happen. That said, it was clear, and it had excellent clarity across all the notes in the chords we were playing. The bright switch might be a tad more pronounced than the Archon.

I did get a chance to play with the lead channel a bit more. I dialed the gain up to around 2-3 o'clock, and with the guitar's volume full-on, it was glorious. Full-voiced, loud (actually, for a 15-watter...well, more in a sec). Responsive? Oh yeah - I dialed the guitar (this was the Silver Sky) down to about six. Cleaned up nicely. Not clean by any stretch, but nowhere near the devastation as when it was full up. Then I dialed the guitar down to two. Whoa. Not quite clean, but you could see clean from there. I'm guessing if the gain was around noon, it would have been pretty close to clean. Much more of a classic rock level of gain. And that's just adjusting the guitar volume. Very impressive.

So, the volume. I'm not the guy who's going to go into a store and crank things up to 11. I'm not sure if I'm respectful or just self-conscious, but I don't do that. I may crank it up for a short period if I really need to test something at a louder volume, but not for very long. The amp was on the clean channel when we started playing, and at a nice volume - loud enough to hear, even if you couldn't hear every nuance with the stuff around us, but not so loud that it would annoy someone in the store. When I switched to the lead channel, the amp was not really loud - not what I'd call stage volume, but not quiet. Louder than I was comfortable in a store situation. So I reached over to turn the master volume on the channel down. It was maybe around 8 o'clock. I was not expecting that. The clean channel was not much higher than that, if it was. So it looks like volume will not be an issue with this one!

This is going to be a good one.

PRS is on a home run derby, I think.

One great product after another!

AGREE! I hope they're ready for the rockets they just launched . I replied in another thread that the new S2 Studio could have been a runaway success... but it might have come along at the WORST possible time. I think they need LOTS S2 Stuidos in stores, and people will play them, love them and buy them. Very affordable and could be truly great . But PRS will be overwhelmed with SS builds for months to come.

Great problem to have ... many new great products in a short time. Hope they thrive and grow! As Paul said at NAMM, "this is our time!"

And just wait til the MT15 hits and people start hearing that little monster!

My 1 entry has been in for a long time. I'm not counting on it since I never win sh!t. Besides, I'll probably have bought one before then assuming the time table for release stays on track.
I thought it closed on April 30th.
Correct.

All of you who entered are going to win. This has been ordained by the great gods of tone.

You just aren’t all going to win the amp. :cool:

As a consolation prize, for an amp of quality, the damn things are practically free, so when you buy one, you still get to be a winner.

Some bad news for yall from my local dealer.

Shipping of MT15s has been pushed back to July, as demand for the Silver Sky has pushed back production of a number of other PRS products.

Not sure if this applies to US dealers, but looks like we may see delays here.

Back