Megadeth Lineup Change

Maybe you’re right, but even more comments from both sides in the last couple days. This looks more and more legit to me. I even have a theory about what is going on, which is completely irrelevant. LOL.

But either side could have said their piece and moved on, but both sides keep saying more and every time in support of the other. No reason for them to continue to post stuff if it’s not legit. IMO
I would love to hear that theory. Truthfully, how would I know why Kiko left, but after 9 years in Megadeth, it’s almost the lead guitarist’s rite of passage.

The ongoing press is good marketing no matter what, I love it. My favorite part is how Teemu arrived out of nowhere and stuck the landing harder than anyone ever has to this point. He’s a shoe-in.

You guys are acting like this is unusual for Dave. Megadeth has been a revolving door of musicians since day 2.

You guys are acting like this is unusual for Dave. Megadeth has been a revolving door of musicians since day 2.
Friedman was in for 10 years, Kiko for 9 years.
2 guitarists in 19 years is excellent by some bands I could name standards!

brave-heart-mel-gibson.gif

giphy.gif

445b8b4e-4db7-4e96-8b78-7e0ace51c17a_text.gif

09a7881482e04f1f621280158f747677.gif

Since you asked... my guess is maybe problems with the wife. Being gone for long stretches on the road is not good for a marriage. No health concerns have been noted at home, and maybe there are some but for privacy reasons they don't want to say so. But... issues at home, and "freedom" from obligaion to extended tours and long stretches of not being home with your family... I'm guessing he's trying to save his marriage and if so, I'm all on board with this as family is more important than fame, fortune, money, etc. It would seem to "fit" the narrative, as he probably doesn't want to just come out and say that.

That said, even though Dave and the band may be past the "rock star on tour" lifestyle, it's still very hard on a marriage to be away from your family for extended periods of time. If this is to save his marriage, then he's 100% doing the right thing!

Back