Megadeth Lineup Change

Bogner

Redwood Original - Pure Blood
Typical.

Every guitarist is there for only an album or two. I've been a Megafan since the beginning and Kiko was my favorite lead player. Distopia was their best album in probably 20 years IMO. Hate to see him leave but knew it was inevitable.

That is a bummer. I've been a fan for a long time, going back to his days in Angra.
Was listening to Angra latest album just last night…Cycles of Pain, it’s pretty darn good.

Probably not everyone favorite Deth guitarist but I always liked Friedman.
And when he left and went to live in Japan, his playing just got better imho.
Saw him live earlier this year supporting Queensryche.

Was listening to Angra latest album just last night…Cycles of Pain, it’s pretty darn good.

Probably not everyone favorite Deth guitarist but I always liked Friedman.
And when he left and went to live in Japan, his playing just got better imho.
Saw him live earlier this year supporting Queensryche.
Never liked anything before or since from Marty, however his playing on RIP was legendary.

His schtick of bending up from the “wrong” note kinda grates on me.

I've heard 2 or 3 songs and really like it. Need to get around to downloading it.
I stream whatever I can from Qobuz if it’s on their platform, $13 a month, hard to beat for discovering new stuff and trying stuff before committing to buy.

I stream whatever I can from Qobuz if it’s on their platform, $13 a month, hard to beat for discovering new stuff and trying stuff before committing to buy.
I'll second this. I've had Qobuz for a few years and I've discovered all sorts of cool stuff.

Typical.

Every guitarist is there for only an album or two. I've been a Megafan since the beginning and Kiko was my favorite lead player. Distopia was their best album in probably 20 years IMO. Hate to see him leave but knew it was inevitable.
How was this inevitable? If this is anything other than what they've said, then they've gone way overboard with their stories to make it look good. Sorry, not buying it. I'm choosing to believe what they say.

This has to be the most diplomatic firing of a Megadeth lead guitarist I've ever seen. Who knows, maybe what's been said is somewhat the case, but usually Dave Snubstaine leaves his mark on someone and the pieces fall where they may. Credit to Kiko for lasting nine years--that should be worth some type of medal (metal?). There's no doubt that Teemu Mäntysaari meets all the criteria to take the throne--he has amazing chops, he already knows the material, and I bet he's willing to take a smaller cut. In marriages, it's either money or sex crimes that breaks the foundation, and that was the case for Marty F. He had one of his solos recorded over by Dave on their last album together and Friedman didn't know it until he cued up the printed final mix. I love Marty's playing, his work on AFD and RIP is second to none. His approach is so unlike anyone else's, I wonder how he developed it? Teemu seems to have been raised on Megamilk, so let's see what he can do and how long he'll last. Cheers to that.

So you guys aren’t buying anything they’re saying, huh? Seems like a pretty elaborate scheme just to replace a band member

So you guys aren’t buying anything they’re saying, huh? Seems like a pretty elaborate scheme just to replace a band member
When negotiating anything, you can say "no" quickly, or you can say "no" really slowly. That's what Kiko's routine looks like to me. "Let me go home and think it over, Davey boy...". "You know, it looks like I need to extend my absence a bit....". "I don't want to get in the way..."--the classic agreement statement, like Kiko's terms meet the band's needs. "I'm stepping away..." and done.

I wonder what he'll do next?

I Honestly Think There Is Some Truth To Both Sides Being Presented Here. There Are Always Three Sides To The Musical Coin And We Only See Two Of Them In Virtually All Situations Like These. Probably Legitimate Stuff All Around With Kiko's Family And I Am Sure Money Was Also A Part Of It As Well. The Full Truth Will Likely Never Be Known But The New Guy Is Definitely Less Expensive To Get The Position Filled. Dave Asked Me To Fill In On This Leg But The Pay Wasn't Right For Me So I Politely Declined.

When negotiating anything, you can say "no" quickly, or you can say "no" really slowly. That's what Kiko's routine looks like to me. "Let me go home and think it over, Davey boy...". "You know, it looks like I need to extend my absence a bit....". "I don't want to get in the way..."--the classic agreement statement, like Kiko's terms meet the band's needs. "I'm stepping away..." and done.

Back to Angra, maybe?

Maybe you’re right, but even more comments from both sides in the last couple days. This looks more and more legit to me. I even have a theory about what is going on, which is completely irrelevant. LOL.

But either side could have said their piece and moved on, but both sides keep saying more and every time in support of the other. No reason for them to continue to post stuff if it’s not legit. IMO

Back