Luke Bryan Country On Tour 2023

shinksma

What? I get a title?
We went to go see Luke Bryan's Orlando stop on his "Country On" Tour last night.

His guitarists, Michael Carter and Kevin Arrowsmith, are PRS players (usually mixing it up with telecasters), and Bryan himself played a PRS SC for at least one song. Carter has a few SASs and 305s in his arsenal, though I don't recall seeing the 305(s) in action - instead one or more each of SAS and CU24.

One pleasant surprise was seeing Arrowsmith play a PRS T-style - I couldn't quite see whether it was an NF53 or MK, and the stage lights didn't help in the color: it was "light colored", but both models offer that.

Another interesting element is that Bryan, while not one to strut his guitar chops, does have them. He played a couple of leads, dueling with his band, etc.

So if you are looking for a heavily-rock-infused country music concert, he's a great choice!

I am a bit South of you. He is supposed to be playing down here to raise money for a performing arts school. I had thought about going to see him until I saw the price of admission. That is a hard pass.

I am a bit South of you. He is supposed to be playing down here to raise money for a performing arts school. I had thought about going to see him until I saw the price of admission. That is a hard pass.
I bet. Our tickets weren't cheap, about $120 each, but we had "pretty good not great" seats. IIRC, the nosebleeds were about $80 - still not cheap. This is the cost of artists no longer making money through album sales - gotta get it from the butts in seats.

Of course, the drinks available for purchase weren't cheap either. $52 for a couple of double-shot bourbons! $28 for two beers!

That's the last concert in the queue - no future shows planned, yet. My wallet thanks me.

I bet. Our tickets weren't cheap, about $120 each, but we had "pretty good not great" seats. IIRC, the nosebleeds were about $80 - still not cheap. This is the cost of artists no longer making money through album sales - gotta get it from the butts in seats.

Of course, the drinks available for purchase weren't cheap either. $52 for a couple of double-shot bourbons! $28 for two beers!

That's the last concert in the queue - no future shows planned, yet. My wallet thanks me.

Per Google he's sold over 75 million records, $1mil per show, and $12mil for a judge on American Idol.

I rarely go to shows anymore. More small venues and the occasional festival.

Very cool to hear PRS being represented though!

The tickets for the event here are 10 times that.

The tickets for the event here are 10 times that.
Well, yeah - they are specifically for a private fundraising event, in big-money Jupiter, not part of the current "tour", per se. So it is designed to be high-priced, attracting the "donation tax write-off to offset my gains from the market" crowd.

Well, yeah - they are specifically for a private fundraising event, in big-money Jupiter, not part of the current "tour", per se. So it is designed to be high-priced, attracting the "donation tax write-off to offset my gains from the market" crowd.
I live in Jupiter. Some here have big money. I am not at their level. :)

One pleasant surprise was seeing Arrowsmith play a PRS T-style - I couldn't quite see whether it was an NF53 or MK, and the stage lights didn't help in the color: it was "light colored", but both models offer that.
Follow-up: Luke Bryan co-hosted the CMAs last night and he and his band played a medley of some of his hits.

During that medley, both Arrowsmith and Carter played NF 53s. I could see them very clearly on the TV. Arrowsmith's was a white doghair, while Carter's was a black dog hair.

Now I'm really jonesing for an NF 53 (white dog hair please) - they sounded really good, and versatile in tone across the four or so songs.

Back