LOOK AT THIS!! PS #1 comes back from PRS!

Thanks again for the nice words everyone. Very much appreciated! Not sure what the color is called, but it matches pretty much exactly one of the colors they showed me on a sample. Ahem. ;)

Muy sweet! Glad it worked out so well this time.

Maybe Tag's No Mo' Blue...

Had to do it. :redface: Here is what she sounds like into my Quinn Dumble clone. First clip with the 57/08s installed.

Last edited by a moderator:
That guitar was already spectacular, now its FANTASMIC :D!! Sounds good too. Looks extremely similar to the new Northern Lights finish.

I hope it's not too rude to ask, but can you give us an idea of how much the total refinish and refret was? I'm guessing new S2 range? More? I have a gorgeous 10 top 1999 McCarty that has faded pretty badly, but wouldn't trust it to too many people other than PRS.

I hope it's not too rude to ask, but can you give us an idea of how much the total refinish and refret was? I'm guessing new S2 range? More? I have a gorgeous 10 top 1999 McCarty that has faded pretty badly, but wouldn't trust it to too many people other than PRS.

The fret job, pups, nut and tuners were on them, due to the depth mistake when I ordered it. The refin was $1100, and seems very fair for this level of work. The back used to be a see through green, and they got it down to natural which looks even better to me. It is done in thin nitro.

Beautiful, Tag. That top, build, and finish are out of this world. The refin is insane!

Had to do it. :redface: Here is what she sounds like into my Quinn Dumble clone. First clip with the 57/08s installed.

Sounds good. Looks good. Winning.

Last edited by a moderator:
The fret job, pups, nut and tuners were on them, due to the depth mistake when I ordered it. The refin was $1100, and seems very fair for this level of work. The back used to be a see through green, and they got it down to natural which looks even better to me. It is done in thin nitro.

Wow, great deal for what you got. I must have missed something, was the body deeper than you originally wanted? Did they take it down to a narrower depth?

Wow, great deal for what you got. I must have missed something, was the body deeper than you originally wanted? Did they take it down to a narrower depth?

Long story, but the body was not as deep as I wanted. They could not change that.

Man indoors its hard to take nice pictures. I used a flash, and it throws that deadly yellow sheen over everything. :mad:

I think you need a tripod to keep them clear as well. My hands are not the most stable, especially after 2 black coffees. :D

Couchgood1_zps90bb8f3f.jpeg

couch31_zps9f1f671c.jpeg

side41_zps87d8f49a.jpeg

side31_zpse77128db.jpeg

Last edited:
Back