longer scale guitars

gush

Where is that speedo pic
I was wondering, what prs guitars are longer than 25 inch scale?

I think I would like to try something with more room up top. The mark holcomb Sig would be cool but I gotta have a trem.

I would consider a torero but not into EMGs.

The Holcomb with Floyd that was posted a while back was cool as hell. I would do this IF I knew the bigger scale worked better.

Any thoughts?

Yup, the Holcomb, the Torero, the 305, and the baritones, and that's it. You pretty much have to go private stock, or to another company. I'm actually tempted to get a certain (other company's) 26.5", just because it's only an inch. My personal guitar of choice is 25.5 (and no, it's not a Fender).

Most of Schecter's baritones are 30", and their 7-stringers are 26.5"...mostly..

Baritones are fun, don't rule them out. I have a friend who likes to record "normal" guitar parts with baritones, for the tonze.

Last edited:
For the last 8 years, all of my current guitars have been 25 1/2" scale and 24 frets. It just worked out that way.
I just received, 2 days ago, a Vela. I had to return it, as the body felt uncomfortable to me and up at the peg head end, the wings were preventing me from playing some altered chords. My hand kept bumping into the wings and I couldn't form the chords at the nut end as a result.

I sent it back and ordered a Satin S2 24 to try. I wanted to get used to PRS guitars before my PS 594 gets here in 6 months, so it doesn't feel too foreign when it arrives.

I have 3 of these and they are my # 1 and have been for 8 years now. They weigh 5 pounds, are all a one-piece chassis end-to-end, and are hollow carbon fiber, which actually has a wider frequency response then any wood.
timthumb.php

For the last 8 years, all of my current guitars have been 25 1/2" scale and 24 frets. It just worked out that way.
I just received, 2 days ago, a Vela. I had to return it, as the body felt uncomfortable to me and up at the peg head end, the wings were preventing me from playing some altered chords. My hand kept bumping into the wings and I couldn't form the chords at the nut end as a result.

I sent it back and ordered a Satin S2 24 to try. I wanted to get used to PRS guitars before my PS 594 gets here in 6 months, so it doesn't feel too foreign when it arrives.

I have 3 of these and they are my # 1 and have been for 8 years now. They weigh 5 pounds, are all a one-piece chassis end-to-end, and are hollow carbon fiber, which actually has a wider frequency response then any wood.
timthumb.php
I would love to be able to try one of those!

Back