Les gave me table gas

CoreyT

PRS Addiction
Conset 501-27 8S084 Sit Stand Table

Ever since I first saw Les's tables in his studio that his brother built for him, I wanted something similar for my living room to put my KRK Rokit monitors on, my Zoom R24 recorder, and other various stuff.
You can see Les's setup here.

I was using a put together steel shelf for awhile, but it lacked being able to sit down at it if needed.
I did have a pic of it, but I cannot find a shot of it full on that I posted here before, so here is a partial view of what I was using, you can see it on the right.
The "General" section here does not allow you to do a search (it has been turned off for a few years now), and I know I have posted it in this section before when Les and I were talking about his homemade tables.
It is probably in one of the "Lets see your studio" threads.

The table top is much bigger than I thought it would be, but I actually like it better as I will be able to fit more on it.
I thought it was going to be abut half the depth, but this will hold more.
Plus when I move in the future to a bigger home, I may get another one like it.

This table is fully adjustable via an electric motor.
We have several of these type of tables at work as you can work at them sitting down, or raise the table up all the way and stand up when working at it.

Here are a few pics of it setup in my living room.
Plenty of room on top if I want to put my laptop on it, and maybe put up one of the small battery driven guitar amps I have.
That is my iPod Air on top on the left.
The Tardis gives the table a nice touch too
drwhotardis.png

1.jpg

2.jpg

Nice! A little suggestion though; if you work at that desk, the monitors will work best of you put them on stands and angle them both in toward you, forming a triangle. There are other good stands out there, but the ones I have are from Isoacoustics and they definitely helped to clean up the sound a bit for me by reducing vibrations and reflections from the desk.

Thanks, I had some stands I got via Amazon when I got the monitors, but they were not very good.
I do not have much floor space for using stands again.
I really need to move some day, and have a proper music room where I can turn it up to eleven :D

Nice! That could never be my table; it's too neat and uncluttered! :biggrin:

Lloyd/Goldtop

Nice! That could never be my table; it's too neat and uncluttered! :biggrin:

Lloyd/Goldtop
It is going to get more cluttered down the road :D
Wow, that looks great!!
Thanks Les, I looked a long time for a suitable table.
Boeing has another supplier of these, but I Googled and found this other company not far from my work, and they were cheaper.
My price was much cheaper than shown.
Table frame, the espresso colored top, delivery, and installation was around $800.
The other company wanted $1.2K, and the top was only half the dpeth of this one.
Lookin' good!
Thanks Sergio!
Nice. I may have to check one of those tables out for my home office. Those speakers stands mentioned aren't floor stands. They help to isolate the speaker from the surface thereby reducing unwanted effects. Here's a link:

http://www.amazon.com/IsoAcoustics-...8&qid=1443297089&sr=1-1&keywords=isoacoustics

They work well, and allow you to adjust the height of the speakers as well.
Thanks for clearing that up.
Oh, and thank you for lightening my wallet even more
busi002.gif

I just placed my order via Prime, and they will arrive Monday before I get off work.

That was the right size too, as one of the commenters on the page listed this PDF file, and the KRK Rokit 5s use the ones you suggested for me.
http://www.isoacoustics.com/files/chart_imperial.pdf

It's very cool! I do recommend using some isolation pads or risers under your monitors so their response won't be compromised by vibrating the table and causing it to resonate and mess up your bass accuracy.

It's really a nice piece of studio gear!

Nice Corey! I just bought a new desk that I don't really dig too much. Can't take it back as the store is closing. Oh well.

It's very cool! I do recommend using some isolation pads or risers under your monitors so their response won't be compromised by vibrating the table and causing it to resonate and mess up your bass accuracy.

It's really a nice piece of studio gear!
Day late and a buck short buddy:p

Last edited:
Just found this.
I do not need to angle mine, and I will have the stands low and not extended.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just found this.
I do not need to angle mine, and I will have the stands low and not extended.

These are the very best, and are what I use in my studio (in fact, I'm going to order a set of speaker stands with these already installed). They were designed by the guy who designed studios for the Canadian Broadcasting Corp., and he's a very nice and knowledgeable person (I've spoken with him about the products). They will transform what you're getting out of your monitors, they're that good, and much better than the foam stuff on the market.

My son used a pair under his monitors to mix the last 30 Seconds to Mars album, also. We both felt they are a transformative product that allowed us to hear our monitors better, whether on a desk or speaker stands.

I also use one of the large ones under my guitar cabs when recording. When my partner bought a set, he called me and said, "It's a whole new world with these things!"

The best way to set them up is so that your ears are at the midpoint between the woofer and the tweeter, or if that's not possible, to angle them.

Les

Last edited by a moderator:
That is great to know they are top choice Les.
Since my table goes up and down, I should be able to get them at the optimum height.
I hooked up my iPod to the KRKs Saturday and listened to some AC/DC, man did it sound great.
Will see how that sounds with the stands.

I was reading some of the comments in another one of their vids, and some guy was cutting them down who has never owned one, and said the foam ones were better.
I swear, a lot of those YouTube commenters just like to flap their jaws and complain about everything.

That is great to know they are top choice Les.
Since my table goes up and down, I should be able to get them at the optimum height.
I hooked up my iPod to the KRKs Saturday and listened to some AC/DC, man did it sound great.
Will see how that sounds with the stands.

I was reading some of the comments in another one of their vids, and some guy was cutting them down who has never owned one, and said the foam ones were better.
I swear, a lot of those YouTube commenters just like to flap their jaws and complain about everything.

If you listen for the openness of sounds like kick drum, and to the speakers' mid and low bass extension, as well as the stereo width and stereo image, you will be a believer in these stands. The difference is NOT subtle. Even vocals pop more.

I've had the Auralex Mo Pads and have tried the Primacoustic, and there is no comparison. It's not even close.

They are rapidly becoming a fixture at high end pro studios, by the way. You see them a LOT now. In fact, the very well-respected Danish company Dynaudio now ships some of their speakers with these stands, and they are not owned by the same company. Dynaudio speakers are now the standard for broadcast at the BBC in Britain, replacing the in-house British designs they used for many years. If you know about the BBC's finicky reputation, you will understand what a compliment that is to Dynaudio.

In other words, one of the top speaker manufacturers in the world ships speakers with these stands, and they do it for a reason.

As I said, I even use the large ones under guitar cabs. They make that much of a difference whether listening or recording!

Last edited:
Missed mine yesterday.
Mailman delivered them to the lock box below my mailbox, but left me the wrong key :(
Had to call up Amazon, and they got USPS on the line.
Hopefully I will have the correct key in my mailbox when I get home today.

Looking forward to these Les to see if I can hear a difference.

Back