Johnny Cash or Willie Nelson? Go!

This is the toughest yet for me because both are iconic.
Willie has written a number of excellent songs that other people made famous.
I’ll go with Johnny though because I knew and liked him at a very early age and never stopped hearing him.

Johnny Cash, by a long shot.

The boom-chicka-boom rhythm of his songs has been intoxicating since I first heard them, way back in the day.

And his take on Trent Reznor's work was the reason I picked up acoustic guitar playing.

Willie is so much more than Cash on all musical levels, I think they give Johnny too much love cause he spent time in the joint.
I guess it's a street cred thing.

i agree with huggy that automation won’t make cash any better and with les that it wouldn’t make willie worse.

Willie is so much more than Cash on all musical levels, I think they give Johnny too much love cause he spent time in the joint.
I guess it's a street cred thing.

Johnny Cash over anyone else.

If not for Johnny, I may not have ever picked up a guitar. (Which I realize is not a ringing endorsement...). When I listen to his music, I still see the images I imagined to the songs almost 50 years ago.

Plus, I've never met Willie Nelson.

Cash. Always.

I think my first ever big concert was the highwaymen. At ~8 years old I probably just talked and whined the whole time. I wish I could see them again as an adult.
Highwaymen = Johnny cash, Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings and Kris Kristofferson. I Saw them twice in my youth, the second time I ended up getting the bandana off Willie's head! That was pretty cool.

Nice. My first concert was Johnny Cash, the Carter Family, the Statler Brothers, and Carl Perkins. My mother took me up closer to the stage so I could get a better look - at least 125 feet away from the stage and I was shaking because I thought he might see me.

Nice. My first concert was Johnny Cash, the Carter Family, the Statler Brothers, and Carl Perkins. My mother took me up closer to the stage so I could get a better look - at least 125 feet away from the stage and I was shaking because I thought he might see me.
So now we know where the addiction started.

Back