Jaded now....

Victor Vector

Born to Rip
Ive been exclusively playing my 'old beater' SE custom for a few months now and putting a lot of play wear on it so I thought to change it up and grab another guitar to throw on the wall hangar as the grabber go to. I took out one of my faves to replace it, a 2007 MIM Strat and played it for a minute. "What the heck???" I thought to myself'....I continued to strum and bend...."Huh? I cant believe it, this thing feels like crap' " I put it down, picked up my SE, put it down and picked the Strat back up....three times.

Then I succumbed to the realization....PRS has officially jaded me. My once loved Fender neck now felt like a cheap dinosauric toy in my hands. I dont think I'll ever look at them the same and I need another PRS..... like yesterday! They really do feel that good, even my cheap one...cant imagine owning a Core. Ok time to do some research on another....Im blaming it on you guys JSYK! :)

Ive been exclusively playing my 'old beater' SE custom for a few months now and putting a lot of play wear on it so I thought to change it up and grab another guitar to throw on the wall hangar as the grabber go to. I took out one of my faves to replace it, a 2007 MIM Strat and played it for a minute. "What the heck???" I thought to myself'....I continued to strum and bend...."Huh? I cant believe it, this thing feels like crap' " I put it down, picked up my SE, put it down and picked the Strat back up....three times.

Then I succumbed to the realization....PRS has officially jaded me. My once loved Fender neck now felt like a cheap dinosauric toy in my hands. I dont think I'll ever look at them the same and I need another PRS..... like yesterday! They really do feel that good, even my cheap one...cant imagine owning a Core. Ok time to do some research on another....Im blaming it on you guys JSYK! :)
Watch out!! This isn't a brand bashing forum ;)

I have yet to open my Silver Sky SE but I can't imagine it will compare much with my highly customized Fender strats and Teles. Still excited to play it. I've been impressed with my Santana SE in some areas and let down in others, the neck isn't the strong suit of the Santana SE but fret board is great with some work! Anyways, I'm looking forward to seeing how exactly the Silver Sky SE compares with my low grade Squiers and how it will measure up. Maybe I can do a review video comparing them or something.

Still haven't bought a case so it's still sitting there...

Meanwhile the customized Fenders sleep untouched in the studio while my main guitar has become the Santana SE.
I have been unable for many years to play a neck profile other than the Wizard on my Ibanez. They just did not feel right on my hands...and it has been a serious problem until I found the "pattern thin" ones on my PRSs.

Whenever your hand gets to know its perfect partner...it's difficult to move away!
Joe Satraini JS1200 neck has remained the best neck I've ever played or at least one of them. I have a highly modified JS100 with the 1200 neck and Fender's Kingfish pickups. It's the best of all 3 worlds 😆

Watch out!! This isn't a brand bashing forum ;)

I have yet to open my Silver Sky SE but I can't imagine it will compare much with my highly customized Fender strats and Teles. Still excited to play it. I've been impressed with my Santana SE in some areas and let down in others, the neck isn't the strong suit of the Santana SE but fret board is great with some work! Anyways, I'm looking forward to seeing how exactly the Silver Sky SE compares with my low grade Squiers and how it will measure up. Maybe I can do a review video comparing them or something.

Still haven't bought a case so it's still sitting there...

Meanwhile the customized Fenders sleep untouched in the studio while my main guitar has become the Santana SE.
Joe Satraini JS1200 neck has remained the best neck I've ever played or at least one of them. I have a highly modified JS100 with the 1200 neck and Fender's Kingfish pickups. It's the best of all 3 worlds 😆
Wa wa wa wa wait a min....you mean to tell me you have a NIB PRS SS SE just sitting there un opened and untouched? How the heck...are you that dude from Kung Fu or something? :p

I really had a hard time typing this thread, it was like cheating on the girl I have always loved...but yea Im totally BB Kinged now. The thrill is gone.

Wa wa wa wa wait a min....you mean to tell me you have a NIB PRS SS SE just sitting there un opened and untouched? How the heck...are you that dude from Kung Fu or something? :p

I really had a hard time typing this thread, it was like cheating on the girl I have always loved...but yea Im totally BB Kinged now. The thrill is gone.
Wut?!?! ;-)
It's been sitting here since...

Ordered on December 20, shipped on Jan 5th, arrived on Jan 9th. What can I say? I'm a huge fan of Paul 😆 🤣 😂 😹

Wow, you Sir are one strong man. Either that or have a bad case of OCD hoarding lol.
Maybe both lmao

All my guitars must be in a hardcase and locked when not in use, with the curious, often mischievous cat and rampant kids running around to boot, my music gear must be protected at all costs.

Enough about me though, Vic, what type of music did you say you like to play and are you in a band? I just do music at church mostly at the moment

I got a DGT SE. It's a great playing and sounding guitar.

11-C16219-87-AF-46-BA-AF15-DDB2-CF8-CCFE5.avif

Enough about me though, Vic, what type of music did you say you like to play and are you in a band? I just do music at church mostly at the moment
I like to play it all.....) 😎. Punk, funk, classical, blues, jazz, bluegrass, hard rock, country, metal, prog, praise. Pretty much everything

Currently not in a working band but am putting one together again once I get a good new set of originals written. Going back to my roots, I have come full circle on this musical journey and now am back to the wheelhouse and wanting a power trio...Am looking forward to get back on stage.

Those older SE's are awesome. Agree that they can make a strat, in my case '85 MIJ, feel like a toy. A nice toy, but the PRS's get played way more than the S, T & LP.

Congrats!
Hah I know right?! Mines an old label Korean gem.
Dinasword
😂
My son, you may very well be like me someday. If it ain't PRS, it's been sold. The exceptions are a bass and an arch top. As I got older, I got wiser.
Would be an honor and a pleasure!

Last edited:

Back