It's HAPPENING!!

Right on!!!

But, someone has to get the "It's happening" meme out of the way, I might as well do it early.

7drHiqr.gif

I'll take "who reads" for 400$ Alex.

Edit: apologies for the random comment. The fellow in the picture very much makes me think of a young Sean Connery and I always think of the Jeopardy skit on SNL when ever I think of Sean Connery.

No worries. I'm all about this stuff. I'm told the record was played more than once. Of course, I missed it live, because I didn't know about it until it was over, but I'll listen later when Apple posts a repeat of the show.

Thanks guys!

After he played the record TWICE in a row, Zane Lowe said the folks at DIY Mag who turned him on to it said something like, "Check out this record. Your life has changed." Then he said, "And it has."

That's something. I'm so happy for Jamie and the whole band, and they are absolutely floored and excited about everything as they should be!

When you see your kids happy, and able to live their dreams, it's a very, very wonderful thing.

Also, it's after midnight here, the Partybaby record is out on iTunes, and I just bought it! WOOOOO!!! That was the most fun I've EVER had on iTunes. ;)

Last edited:
What a fantastic thing to happen for Party Baby, and you, of course, Les!
My sincere congratulations to Jamie, the band, and of course to you, Les. I hope this continues for many years. :)
Stephen

Great news! My sincere congrats to you all. In my book, releasing a record/CD/whatever is A Big Deal, even in this day and age. May it sell multi platinum!

Lloyd

Great news! My sincere congrats to you all. In my book, releasing a record/CD/whatever is A Big Deal, even in this day and age. May it sell multi platinum!

Lloyd

Thanks, all. There's some more good news today for the band:

1. The song "California" made Apple Music's "Best of the Week" playlist.

2. "California" is also on Spotify's 'New Music Friday," what they call "the best recently released songs packed into one playlist," (Spotify's phrasing) today.

Got some good press in DIY, and other online reviewers today as well. Jamie's pretty excited and happy, so that's good.

Maybe this is wishful thinking, but I've watched this thing develop for over a year, and I'm starting to believe this isn't just a big, weird coincidence. :)

"Something's happening here, and you don't know what it is, do you, Mr. Jones?"

"Well, I'm not 100% sure...but I'm definitely encouraged!" ;)

Last edited:
More good stuff...how great is it to see Jared encouraging this band!!

Carry on, my wayward son... ;)

Partybaby's song "California" got 107,000 plays on Spotify in three days.

I'd call that pretty damn good.

Carry on, my wayward son!!

Not doing at all badly when you've got Hollywood celebs bumping your new album!

Les , Nothing better than when your son does well. Congrats to the both of you. The band is definitely on an upward trajectory:)!

Back