One Day, They'll Put Me Away, And I Need A Way Out.

Old wisdom: Better a live dog than a dead lion.

Your usefulness is unquestioned here. You contribute more than most, including me! And who would entertain Mrs Les, were you to be taken away? She’d be bored. :)

Enjoy the time away; it is good to unplug. We’ll look forward to your return.

Best way to recover from an injury and/or hospitalization is to buy more guitars and keep them out on stands to inspire you to work harder on your recovery.

I think we all need to lobby congress for the ability to write off guitars as a medical expense, I'm pretty good at rationalization and I can make a pretty good argument that the guitar in my avatar is "Durable Medical Equipment" as it helped me recover and regain range of motion from a broken arm and 2 surgeries!

Well, I made it only 5 days. But it was a NECESSARY 5 days!

Instead of sitting at the computer feeling marginal, some stuff got accomplished.

An ad agency pal called to have me negotiate a license to use a rock star's photo for a project they had. Not as enjoyable as a music project, but at least it was a productive activity that got my head out of the internet for a few days, so that was OK.

Yesterday I got outdoors, walked a mile in the sunshine (I could have done more, I think, but didn't want to push it), and later went into the studio to play some guitar. Today I'll do them both again, and walk farther.

The dizzy/spinning feeling from the medication they put me on is becoming less pronounced each day as I acclimate to it. So I feel pretty good!

You're all the best and I really appreciate all of your thoughts and kind words!

Instead of sitting at the computer feeling marginal, some stuff got accomplished.

An ad agency pal called to have me negotiate a license to use a rock star's photo for a project they had. Not as enjoyable as a music project, but at least it was a productive activity that got my head out of the internet for a few days, so that was OK.

Yesterday I got outdoors, walked a mile in the sunshine (I could have done more, I think, but didn't want to push it), and later went into the studio to play some guitar. Today I'll do them both again, and walk farther.

The dizzy/spinning feeling from the medication they put me on is becoming less pronounced each day as I acclimate to it. So I feel pretty good!

You're all the best and I really appreciate all of your thoughts and kind words!
Great to hear you're on the mend

I got 1.8 miles in today (just checked on my car odometer because I was curious) when I walked. It's a course I often walked before I had the problem arise. I used to do it in a half hour.

There are lots of fairly substantial hills in my area, so I decided that discretion was the better part of valor, and went slowly. It took 45 minutes today.

Beats a sharp stick in the eye!

Last edited:
I got 1.7 miles in today when I walked. It's a course I often walked before I had the problem arise. I used to do it in a half hour.

There are lots of fairly substantial hills in my area, so I decided that discretion was the better part of valor, and went slowly. It took 45 minutes today.

Beats a sharp stick in the eye!
Good to hear

Take care my friend,I am recovering from a second shoulder surgery, the first botched. I couldn’t play for a while so that was out, but kept my mind busy with reading. I don’t take a lot of meds, but can relate to the dizziness after meds..They were NOT the good ones;)

You have been quite busy today Mr. Alnus! Hope you don't get carpal tunnel or something from all of today's clicking!! Hope things are better in your world as well, I know you said you had a patch a bit back, good to see you back in the fold!!!

Life has been busy and something has to give.

Currently working my way through about 120 threads! Phew!!

My thumbs are about the only things that work without me making “old man noises” haha.

You have been quite busy today Mr. Alnus! Hope you don't get carpal tunnel or something from all of today's clicking!! Hope things are better in your world as well, I know you said you had a patch a bit back, good to see you back in the fold!!!

Life has been busy and something has to give.

Currently working my way through about 120 threads! Phew!!

My thumbs are about the only things that work without me making “old man noises” haha.
Yeah. Like-a-palooza today!
How did you get off for the 4th of July? Guilty by association, no doubt.:p:D

Back