Introduce yourself!

Welcome to the addiction (well almost)!
I don't know where in Canada you are located, but I feel your pain on availability and wait times. I waited almost an intolerable year for my Hollowbody II Piezo. Since then I've found a couple dealers out here in Alberta that carry more than just a few SE models, they have Cores and S2's as well, and not just a few of them. I hope you find what you are looking for in a McCarty, they are a fabulous guitar!
I'm in Dartmouth, NS. I found Mt Hollowbody by accident, it was returned as a rental to my local L&M who NEVER stock PRS products. Two other L&M stores regularly stock them, but one is 100km away and the other is all the way across town. I can get a guitar from anywhere in Canada, or sweetwater but I want to have it in my hands before pulling the trigger.

Hello again everyone!

I disappeared from here 9 years ago when I fell down a photography rabbit hole and sold all my gear to fund cameras/lenses/etc. Shutdown derailed most of that a few years ago, so wandered back to playing guitar again. The avatar image is the one I sold that I truly regret, others not so much. Restarted the collection with SE's, first a Hollowbody II Piezo, then a Silversky, the up from SE line grabbed a CE-24 DW HT, and recently added an SE CE-24 to play around with pickup swaps.

Unfortunately, they wouldn't let me resurrect my old account, so with restart, I'll get some photos linked when I can.

Hello again everyone!

I disappeared from here 9 years ago when I fell down a photography rabbit hole and sold all my gear to fund cameras/lenses/etc. Shutdown derailed most of that a few years ago, so wandered back to playing guitar again. The avatar image is the one I sold that I truly regret, others not so much. Restarted the collection with SE's, first a Hollowbody II Piezo, then a Silversky, the up from SE line grabbed a CE-24 DW HT, and recently added an SE CE-24 to play around with pickup swaps.

Unfortunately, they wouldn't let me resurrect my old account, so with restart, I'll get some photos linked when I can.
Welcome Slo-mo! Wow, love that one-piece top in your avatar, shame you had to let that one go!! I know what you are saying about the camera rabbit hole, been there done that ;~)) Looking forward to historical, current and future pix!!!

I'm in Dartmouth, NS. I found Mt Hollowbody by accident, it was returned as a rental to my local L&M who NEVER stock PRS products. Two other L&M stores regularly stock them, but one is 100km away and the other is all the way across town. I can get a guitar from anywhere in Canada, or sweetwater but I want to have it in my hands before pulling the trigger.
I ordered my Hollowbody blind, had never even heard or seen one. But I just wanted it real bad! And I'm not sorry in the least. But I won't likely do that again for any guitar. At least my favorite L&M does offer free setups and if you're not happy with the guitar the day you pick it up, you're not stuck with it.
Unless of course I hit the big one and I can order a new Modern Eagle....🥰🤣

Hello again everyone!

Welcome back. You know what they say, "once you drink the water..."😄

New member but long time PRS guy, I’ve had a couple cool PRS models throughout the years but kept the first one I bought new in 1990, it’s a green 10 top, it’s a spectacular example in mint condition.
I have recently picked up a new 594 gold top and literally can’t put it down, it’s resonant, loud and rings like a bell.
I’m in love with this one, not sure if they’re all this good or I lucked out, I did make the purchase on line with the dealers assurance that I can send it back if I’m not digging.. this one is not going anywhere.
Thanks for having me 👍

I bought new in 1990 . . . it’s a spectacular example in mint condition.
So 34 years and zero fret wear? No swirl marks? No wearing on the neck from where your hand slides? No oxidation on any of the metals? Must be a case queen ;~)) Just bustin' your balls a bit, but many throw the word "mint" around without taking into account what that word really means! I am sure your guitar is in excellent condition, but mint is unlikely ;~))

As I said in the other intro thread, welcome and looking forward to some pix ;~))

So 34 years and zero fret wear? No swirl marks? No wearing on the neck from where your hand slides? No oxidation on any of the metals? Must be a case queen ;~)) Just bustin' your balls a bit, but many throw the word "mint" around without taking into account what that word really means! I am sure your guitar is in excellent condition, but mint is unlikely ;~))

As I said in the other intro thread, welcome and looking forward to some pix ;~))
Gotcha and I agree, too many people throw the mint word around and another favorite of mine is “rare” however this guitar is super clean and the frets are like new, I don’t play with a Kung fu grip so I’m easy on frets, also you are right about the case Queen statement, I consider it a “ special occasion guitar” 😁

Gotcha and I agree, too many people throw the mint word around and another favorite of mine is “rare” however this guitar is super clean and the frets are like new, I don’t play with a Kung fu grip so I’m easy on frets, also you are right about the case Queen statement, I consider it a “ special occasion guitar” 😁
All good and understood! My my how I have been working on my Kung Fu grip, but it's hold is strong! My 2021 McCarty 594 HBII could already use a partial fret job as a result. In it's defense, it does have ~4000 hours of play time in the 3 years since I bought it new ;~))

All good and understood! My my how I have been working on my Kung Fu grip, but it's hold is strong! My 2021 McCarty 594 HBII could already use a partial fret job as a result. In it's defense, it does have ~4000 hours of play time in the 3 years since I bought it new ;~))

“Everybody was king fu, gripping. Hoo, hah, hoo-hah. And those riffs were ripping….”

“I plant seeds. I can’t explain”

Just don’t pee on me please! ;)
I just picked up a 594 gold top and I think I’m in love 🥰

New member but long time PRS guy, I’ve had a couple cool PRS models throughout the years but kept the first one I bought new in 1990, it’s a green 10 top, it’s a spectacular example in mint condition.
I have recently picked up a new 594 gold top and literally can’t put it down, it’s resonant, loud and rings like a bell.
I’m in love with this one, not sure if they’re all this good or I lucked out, I did make the purchase on line with the dealers assurance that I can send it back if I’m not digging.. this one is not going anywhere.
Thanks for having me 👍
For me at least, I totally understand the "this one is not going anywhere" thing. No guitar is going to be "it" for everyone, we are all of different likes and dislikes. But for me, PRS just fits. And a good dealer inspires confidence in a purchase as well. I wasn't on the hook with my Hollowbody, I could have ditched it but I didn't, and I never will. At least not as long as I can still play. The guy I bought my S2 from gave up on PRS..."I really tried to like them, but I just can't" and he's playing a Charvel now as his main squeeze. I'm happy for him, he's a great player, good friend and a totally honest dude. But I'm happier for me with his (now mine) 594. If I had unlimited resources I'd probably have 10 more, but I don't, so my 3 are a pretty good spectrum range of everything I need for what I play.
Welcome to the madness!🤐😂

Here it is 😁

Back