Interesting take on the Super Eagle...

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery?

Or... it's just an expensive counterfeit.

I, of course, have no say in what they build, but I believe that headstock is trademarked as are the birds. They can make a look alike if they want to, but they should change the headstock.

something about these guys rubs me the wrong way - having a hard time figuring out exactly what it is but for some reason they just irritate me

I, of course, have no say in what they build, but I believe that headstock is trademarked as are the birds.
That's what I thought. In total, the guitar just looks 'off' in a way. Just wrong. o_O

Based on their other videos and builds, I don't have much doubt that they could make one of the very best fake Super Eagles anyone has seen. Still not up to PRS standard but as far as fakes go, extremely good. However, I don't think that's what they are trying to do. They are making unique design changes.

Of course, they are definitely copying the super eagle. That's an ethical dilemma on its own but guitar manufacturers have been copying each other since guitars were invented.

I don't want to be misunderstood. This video rubs me the wrong way as well and if I had my choice, I'd rather they didn't go through with it. It's just they seem to have pure intentions.

Based on their other videos and builds, I don't have much doubt that they could make one of the very best fake Super Eagles anyone has seen. Still not up to PRS standard but as far as fakes go, extremely good. However, I don't think that's what they are trying to do. They are making unique design changes.

Of course, they are definitely copying the super eagle. That's an ethical dilemma on its own but guitar manufacturers have been copying each other since guitars were invented.

I don't want to be misunderstood. This video rubs me the wrong way as well and if I had my choice, I'd rather they didn't go through with it. It's just they seem to have pure intentions.
I agree with the thought that they are not building a fake with intentions to mislead. They are building their own guitar that happens to intentionally look like, and have the details of, a known PRS model. You are also right that there is nothing wrong with this, IF they do not violate the trademarks of the original. My point was they are violating one of those trademarks. They can do the build, but they need to change the headstock. And if they intend to put birds on it they will need to make sure they are parrots or buzzards or something other than the trademarked PRS birds.

I agree with the... My point was they are violating one of those trademarks. They can do the build, but they need to change the headstock. And if they intend to put birds on it they will need to make sure they are parrots or buzzards or something other than the trademarked PRS birds.

Yeah I agree with you. I wasn't specifically replying to your post, but the general comments at large.

Back