If there could be only one....

If you want an SSH strat, the S2 Studio is not your best choice. If you want a VERY versatile guitar, this is it. Nothing is single coil and quite as thick to my ears. Even with that, it has great rhythm spank. It also weighs very little, and I really like the S2 body carve around the end of the third set. Of course, that's assuming there will be a return to that.
To my ears the S2 Studio also has a tele like sound when in single coil mode using the middle switch position. I agree it is very versitile.

I don’t have especially small hands, but your tonal description has got me wanting an NF3 even more now!
Here is a pic of mine. Hope you can find one soon. I purchased this one new in 2014 after PRS had announced they were discontinuing this model. I still can't understand why this guitar never sold very well.
DSCN2614.jpg

Last edited:
Here is a pic of mine. Hope you can find one soon. I purchased this one new in 2014 after PRS had announced they were discontinuing this model. I still can't understand why this guitr never sold very well.
DSCN2614.jpg

And the yearning becomes stronger!:D

Great looking guitar, love the birds on the maple fretboard.

Reactions: CVS
Naughty man!
Here is a pic of mine. Hope you can find one soon. I purchased this one new in 2014 after PRS had announced they were discontinuing this model. I still can't understand why this guitr never sold very well.
DSCN2614.jpg
I think sometimes guitars hit the market at the wrong time, even though they are phenomenal in every way. I can think of many I consider classics in the PRS line.......the EG w/ domino pickups, the 24 fret studio (every studio for that matter), the EG with 3 single coils, the DC3, the NF3, the swamp ash with 3 nf3’s. The 305, the Brent Mason, the Johnny Hiland.....the list goes on. What makes each guitar special is that they don’t sound like anything else on the market. The reason the guitars failed is because they didn’t sound like anything else on the market. Human nature. (Sigh)

Reactions: CVS
Back