About retire.

Will that make you happy? Real peace comes from forgiveness if needed, and walking away. Put it in the rearview. Dwelling on it afterwards and leaving reviews, spreading the word etc. won't give you the peace that you think it will. Don't walk away and dwell on how bad it was, and especially not on telling others how bad it was. Walk away with peace that it is now behind you and that alone makes the days ahead brighter.
I am trying! I just can get past all the trauma that this job has caused. 4 month sick leave, getting in deep doo doo if I phone in sick with a migraine etc It’s very hard for me personally to forgive and forget all the mean nasty crap that I have been through. The mental stress from HO is just incredible. This company 5 years ago was amazing but after the takeover it turned to absolute Jack Sh*t. I can’t get back moments in time that this job has stolen from me. I worked for FREE during each Covid shutdown. You can only bleed a person so much. Then they become bitter and resentful.

I am sorry @DreamTheaterRules but this is my train of thought in my current state.

Everybody deals with problems in their own way. Yes, I agree that’s the way to go but I currently cannot for the life of me think like that.

Last edited:
Yes, I agree that’s the way to go but I currently cannot for the life of me think like that.
Remember, it's much easier to give advice than to live it. LOL I just know what bitterness and resentment does to people. I've seen it way to often. It eats at you as long as you let it. Peace only comes from moving on and NOT dwelling on it once you're gone. Count the blessing of it being gone and don't drag that past the last day there. Take one big deep breath the second you step out the door, and be thankful that this part of your life is now COMPLETELY over. DONE. GONE. Flip that switch off and walk away from it. And then...

"ok, now I'm relieved and happy so what's next for me?"

Remember, it's much easier to give advice than to live it. LOL I just know what bitterness and resentment does to people. I've seen it way to often. It eats at you as long as you let it. Peace only comes from moving on and NOT dwelling on it once you're gone. Count the blessing of it being gone and don't drag that past the last day there. Take one big deep breath the second you step out the door, and be thankful that this part of your life is now COMPLETELY over. DONE. GONE. Flip that switch off and walk away from it. And then...

"ok, now I'm relieved and happy so what's next for me?"
Ya I am done being resentful and immature. Tomorrow is a brand new day full of promise.

Lola, I'm retired as of one year and while my workplace wasn't toxic per se, it did go terribly downhill after our original GM retired due to health reasons. The historical trail of woe that became the current leadership(?) as far as business smarts went will surely kill a once thriving powersports dealership. I was fortunate to see the writing on the wall and walk away when I did.
Stick to your guns and see that your husband's medical needs are covered, and then yes, walk away. With a smile on your face!
I'm no professional player by any means, but music is my solace and grounding force.
I stay active with our martial arts club that my wife and I run together, but that won't last forever. Both our bodies are suffering the ravages of age and repeated injury. But as long as I can still train and teach, I will not give in to the physical ailments.
The latest COVD strain knocked me back some, but there's light at the end of the tunnel. Both of us were fortunate to not get hit with the earlier variants, so I'm thankful for that.
Hold on to that which makes you happy and offers fulfillment for you and your family. Hang in there, better things will come!

Basically we need do something for our living, as long we don't want to be depended on support. There are jobs which combine passion and income, others income only - maybe combined with toxic feelings.
We could stand those toxic environments - for some time.
But there is a risk of psychological and physical stress disease. Retarded. Health is crucial for everything.
Therefore dare to change your routine. If you could make your living with making music or teach playing guitars or even with a new - meaningful job, which has a huge congruence with your personal expectations, go for it.

My job deals mankind's irrationality of putting all scientific and engineering creativity in extinction of life or even mutilation in all kinds of extent (on order of persons sitting in fully protected rooms - not being impacted personally by the suffering and dying). I walked pathes that lead to the profession to become a soldier.
One thing keeps me from withdrawal: The good company of persons I work with.

Last edited:
Back