If PRS makes a P22 with term I'm in

I think the issue that keeps them from making a Piezo trem is the fact that noise from the trem operation would be amplified. I think the Piezo would even pickup the spring noise, not that it would be un-usable but buyers would expect a perfectly quiet trem operation and that would be hard to do!
tfancil

I think the issue that keeps them from making a Piezo trem is the fact that noise from the trem operation would be amplified. I think the Piezo would even pickup the spring noise, not that it would be un-usable but buyers would expect a perfectly quiet trem operation and that would be hard to do!
tfancil
Parker did a good job of it. I've had/have several Flys over the years and they're dead quiet. The only noise they make is when you palm "thump" the bridge. But any piezo will do that. I didn't like the Fishman pre-amps that came with it - so I just ripped them out and hardwired the piezo to the volume or directly to the jack. There's probably some loss of signal - but the tone is much better and very "acoustic" like.

John Wesley's main guitar has a PRS Singlecut with trem and piezo system. From the look of the saddles it seems to be a PRS piezo. Of all the times I've heard him play live I've never heard any noise from the trem but he could be using a really good gate.

John Pretucci's Music Man has a piezo system in a tremolo bridge and sounds awesome. I think it's just a matter of time until PRS releases a Piezo trem guitar. I'd go with a Tremonti with piezo right away!

You guys are right, there are a few Piezo trem out there! I know the noise was a discussion a few years back, but I guess that was proved wrong. So the issue with PRS must be having Piezo saddles made for the trem?
tfancil

John Pretucci's Music Man has a piezo system in a tremolo bridge and sounds awesome. I think it's just a matter of time until PRS releases a Piezo trem guitar. I'd go with a Tremonti with piezo right away!

Yes, but for the sake of argument they don't use piezo-equipped sadles - they use the fishman system which is I believe is a piezo strip underneath the bridge as oppose to individual saddles.

You guys are right, there are a few Piezo trem out there! I know the noise was a discussion a few years back, but I guess that was proved wrong. So the issue with PRS must be having Piezo saddles made for the trem?
tfancil

Nope, both LR Baggs and Graphtech make piezo equipped saddles that fit the PRS trem compliments of Shawn, Skitchy and the crew ;)

Here is my Custom 22P Trem

IMG_1160.JPG

IMG_1161.JPG

IMG_1169.JPG

Yes, but for the sake of argument they don't use piezo-equipped sadles - they use the fishman system which is I believe is a piezo strip underneath the bridge as oppose to individual saddles.

Nope, both LR Baggs and Graphtech make piezo equipped saddles that fit the PRS trem compliments of Shawn, Skitchy and the crew ;)

Here is my Custom 22P Trem

IMG_1160.JPG

IMG_1161.JPG

IMG_1169.JPG
I know they make Piezo saddles, but PRS doesn't. They don't mind if someone wants to go PS for one, but if PRS is going to have a production P22 Trem, they will have to have their own saddles made.
tfancil

John Mann machined some saddles for RMC. My understanding is that you can have Piezo and/or Synth with their system.

Pow'r Bridge 'RS' Retro-fit Saddles for PRS tremolo guitar bridges

http://www.rmcpickup.com/products.html

I am pretty sure the GraphTech system that the PTC Ninja (Skitchy) put in my Baritone (which totally kicks ass, BTW) has a port on the PCB for adding a MIDI and synth output; should the spirit move me.

http://prsguitars.com/forum/showthread.php?1229-Thank-you-Skitchy!

Thanks a ton for posting the RMC link. I never knew they made piezo saddles and I'm looking for a seven string set for a job I'd like done. I'll drop them a line and see what I can get done.

Love the guitar (and the minpin) tfancil! Sorry about the term in the title (damn autocorrect! and I couldn't edit it once posted). But yes, there are other systems out there... the Petrucci model as mentioned comes to mind. FANTASTIC trem with piezo. PRS COULD do it... but WILL they?

I know they make Piezo saddles, but PRS doesn't. They don't mind if someone wants to go PS for one, but if PRS is going to have a production P22 Trem, they will have to have their own saddles made.
tfancil

I understand what you're saying but you don't think they would use the LR Baggs saddles?

Back