I kmow what Santa is bringin' me for Christmas

CoreyT

PRS Addiction
997santa_claus.jpg

Guitar-Player-June-2015-Editors-Pick-Schaffer-Replica.png

I have read up on this before, watched many a YouTube video, and I think I am going to try the pedal version as it is way cheaper than the tower version which is an exact replica of the original unit.

Some good reading here.
http://solodallas.com/about-solodallas

That's going to be a lot of fun!

Back in the 90s, I used a wireless rig by Audio Technica, of all companies, that had a really good sound going into my Tremoverb. So I completely get this concept.

From reading the article it seemed Angus was very happy to recieve the pedal and used it on their latest album recorded in Vancouver, Canada.
So I guess the thing to do is crank up the master on my Mesa on the clean channel, keep the gain low, use the Fryette Power Station so I do not peel the paint off my walls and the neighbors, and engage the Schaffer?

I have read both Malcolm and Angus always used the clean channel on their amps with the volume maxed.
For rhythm guitar I thing Malcolm has some of the best tone I have heard.
And Angus's lead tone is clean, but with sustain.

Also this Schaffer is not wireless like the original one Angus used.

Hey man I have one of those too!
I use mine with a Splawn quickrod and a 2x12 emperor cab loaded with Ev12Ls and I'll say I'm getting some really cool tone. I have other rigs but my standard head, cab, cable, shaffer pedal and a Tremonti loaded with the David Allen AC/DC angus young pickups just needs nothing else.
Definitely turn your gain down and the pedal up and it starts the rock, we'll mby some head bobbing and weird face expressions. Love it and I know you will too! Enjoy buddy!

This was at the Winter NAMM show last January, but this guy is totally diggin' the sound he is putting forth.
I got an email today from Solodallas, and mine is being built, but it is two to three weeks out.
I was hoping to rock it this week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Two day USPS shipping, so it may show up Saturday or Sunday Les.
Got the message yesterday it shipped, strange how one of the guys there told me it was two or three weeks away.

What am I getting for Christmas? JACK SQUAT! :-(

Still, I can't complain. I'm alive and kicking, so...

Goldtop Lloyd

Was in my mailbox today..
This was shipped on the 12th with two day priority, but I guess the postal service is behind.
Also SoloDallas knicks you $40 for shipping, quite a ripoff in my book.

Also all the videos I have seen and the instructions on their site say the input is on the left, and output is on the right.
Plugged in my SG (others guitars are asleep until Friday) into the Blackstar ID 30 and strummed a few chords on the clean channel with the Schaffer off, and indeed it was clean.
Hit the footswitch for the boost, and no sound!

Seems they updated and put the input now on the right, and output on the left, like it should be.
This is from a new batch so they tell me.

So how does it sound with the boost on?
NICE!

Going to use the Mark Five 25 and my son's SE Custom 22 Semi-Hollow during the weekend, and hopefully make a video for ya with a few of the AC/DC songs I have been playing lately.

Back