How much is too much? Custom 24 stoptail

I think it depends on the pups in the KL1812, I highly modified mine with the PTC Team's help, and this thing rips.
Wow, do you have better pics? I was wondering if they could 2408 my Standard at PTC; it looks like they may do

There’s a black quilt top Custom 24 stoptail on Reverb for $2250…. .,Beneditk Rad Gear Store out of Denver. Check it out. looks to be in good shape 59/09 treble & 57/08 bass pickups……. Moons

Steve, love the lead playing on that Instagram vid near the top!!! You look like you're going to slap that guitar senseless and ask it...

"...Whyyyyyyy soooooooo...... SERIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..." :p
hahah...i appreciate that brother!

Can a regular Custom 24 be converted to a stoptail bridge (easilly)?

Can a regular Custom 24 be converted to a stoptail bridge (easilly)?
Even if you could live with the hole in the top and body, you've weakened that area enough where if there
was wood to drill holes for the bushings, a Tune-o-matic style would probably not be strong (doubt it would fit).
Filling in the tremolo cavity probably wouldn't be worth it and fugly to boot.

Maybe if it was a Tele style hardtail where the plate would cover up the top and be on the flat part of the violin carve
(if that type of core PRS) and the mounting screws might not be close to the tremolo route and cavity... but still...

By the time you're done with that Frankenstein meets Marilyn Manson CRazY MoD you'd be better off getting a different
guitar already built... Too much stuff out there to butcher a PRS that much!

Even if you could live with the hole in the top and body, you've weakened that area enough where if there
was wood to drill holes for the bushings, a Tune-o-matic style would probably not be strong (doubt it would fit).
Filling in the tremolo cavity probably wouldn't be worth it and fugly to boot.

Maybe if it was a Tele style hardtail where the plate would cover up the top and be on the flat part of the violin carve
(if that type of core PRS) and the mounting screws might not be close to the tremolo route and cavity... but still...

By the time you're done with that Frankenstein meets Marilyn Manson CRazY MoD you'd be better off getting a different
guitar already built... Too much stuff out there to butcher a PRS that much!

That's disappointing. Custom 24's are my favorite model of guitar, and I have a lot of them, but I have never used the trem and would love to be able to lower the string height down to 4&3 64th like I how set every other guitar I own. If they made Custom 24's with a solid bridge, every CU24 I own would have one. Well, to late now... I've already bought all the CU24's I'll ever need.

I find fair market value to be pretty variable on the used market for models that are harder to find like a 24-Stoptail. Then you get into contributing factors like color, grain, inlays, conditions, neck carve, etc. For my personal preference I just do not get along with a PRS Wide Thin neck carve which even further limits my options. When I found this Standard24 Stoptail (customs are more common) with a regular neck (my preference on this configuration) in Platinum (such a great color in person) that had been upgraded with an adjustable stopail (down-tuning intonation enabler), upgraded p'ups (really lovin' the Metals) and upgraded tuners (was never a fan of the wing'd versions)...well, it just called to me!!! It's got some love bumps, but it's a great player and I was good with paying a bit extra to get this one.

Rtzjq7p.jpg

Back