How much is too much? Custom 24 stoptail

bigbang

I let a beat one go on evilbay awhile back. Very rough, nothing special about the top, and shipped with no case.

There's a clean 1994 10 top up for grabs. He's asking 3700. Seems a bit of stretch to me, but I've not seen a clean one from that era for sale, so maybe he's not far off???

I'm a player not a collector, so it would see club use. Are there collectors paying a premium for not so common combinations?

Thoughts?

That's pretty pricey. Goofy used prices during (and since) Covid. I bought a cherry '95 Custom 24 in 2019 for $1,900.

There are a few priced less than the one you are asking about on Reverb.

I let a beat one go on evilbay awhile back. Very rough, nothing special about the top, and shipped with no case.

There's a clean 1994 10 top up for grabs. He's asking 3700. Seems a bit of stretch to me, but I've not seen a clean one from that era for sale, so maybe he's not far off???

I'm a player not a collector, so it would see club use. Are there collectors paying a premium for not so common combinations?

Thoughts?
I wouldn’t expect that much for me 2009 artist CU24...I would take it, but wouldn’t expect it.

Thats what i thought.

But when's the last time u saw a stock 24 stoptail? For sale. Not beat.

Bodia- u got me all excited. No stoptails there except for one that's been jacked over.

Thats what i thought.

But when's the last time u saw a stock 24 stoptail? For sale. Not beat.

Bodia- u got me all excited. No stoptails there except for one that's been jacked over.
They’re ultra-hard to find.
And if you’re like me, a blocked trem is NOT the same and ain’t gonna do the thing.
Easiest PRS to find with 24 frets and a stoptail would be a Mira. KILLER guitars for sure (got one myself), but still, not the same.

I found my "95 AP for way less. The $2,250 is better of course. At least it's in the ballpark of mine but mine was about 10 years ago so there is that.
L2ysOki.jpg

I Wish They Made Custom 24's With Fixed Bridges And A Fat Neck As A Regular Option. I Know I Am Not The Only Person Desiring Said Guitar.

I had one. IMO the Cu24 stoptail is better. The KL1812 is brighter, and less powerful. I put 59/09's in my Cu24 and just smile every time it peels the paint off the wall.
I think it depends on the pups in the KL1812, I highly modified mine with the PTC Team's help, and this thing rips.

Back