Hard Case for a S2 Standard Singlecut

Paul Willett

I recently purchased a S2 Standard Singlecut and I really like the guitar. I have been attempting to locate a hard case for it. I have talked to both SKB and Gator support and they both suggested a LEs Paul type of case. This does not work, the guitars are about the same size but apparently the neck angle is more shallow on the S2. Placing my S2 into my Les Paul case, it fits but when you seat the guitar all the way down in the lower bout area obviously the neck pops up - so it would require a pad under the lower bout of the guitar to make the guitar firmly fit into a Les Paul style case. Has anyone located a case that would fit the S2 Standard Singecut correctly? Thanks!

I use the SKB designed for Les Pauls with my S2 Singlecut SemiHollow. Haven't noticed this shape mismatch for over a year until I read your post. But I checked and you're right. It's very minute. But the guitar slightly 'see-saws' on its heel. Either the headstock or foot end of the body is raised from laying flat down in the case. But the case closes perfectly and the guitar feels snug if I shake the case. My neck relief is still exactly where I set it over a year ago and the guitar always comes out in tune. So it can't be putting any stress on the instrument. If I wanted OCD over it, I could put a sock either under the body or near the headstock and it wouldn't rock on its heel anymore.

I tried out 4 cases with my S2 SC semi hollow. It fits perfectly in a gator case. Not sure what model it is. there's no markings on the case itself. The dealer listed it as GC-LPS which I assume stands for gator case - Les Paul style

Edit- just looked up the case on gator's website and that's the actual model number

Last edited:
I use the SKB designed for Les Pauls with my S2 Singlecut SemiHollow. Haven't noticed this shape mismatch for over a year until I read your post. But I checked and you're right. It's very minute. But the guitar slightly 'see-saws' on its heel. Either the headstock or foot end of the body is raised from laying flat down in the case. But the case closes perfectly and the guitar feels snug if I shake the case. My neck relief is still exactly where I set it over a year ago and the guitar always comes out in tune. So it can't be putting any stress on the instrument. If I wanted OCD over it, I could put a sock either under the body or near the headstock and it wouldn't rock on its heel anymore.

I am a little OCD, but I repair guitars and amps as a business. I will be travelling a bit with this new guitar. There must be a little difference in shape - My S2 Singlecut is a solid body and when I seated the lower bout into the Les Paul case the neck came up about 1 1/2" out of the neck support. I could add a pad underneath for support but rather have a firm fit for the guitar. I may have to go with a pad - I do like the SKB cases :eek:)

I tried out 4 cases with my S2 SC semi hollow. It fits perfectly in a gator case. Not sure what model it is. there's no markings on the case itself. The dealer listed it as GC-LPS which I assume stands for gator case - Les Paul style

Edit- just looked up the case on gator's website and that's the actual model number
I purchased the GC-LPS from Sweetwater, liker I said in my last reply - There must be a different in the S2 SC semi hollow and my S2 SC Standard solid body, my guitar when fully seated the neck came up off of the neck rest about a inch and a half. I sent the case back to Sweetwater, but in the long run I will probably end up with a LP style type of case using a pad underneath the lower bout. I appreciate your reply!

I have four of the PRS SKB cases for:
2013 408
2012 SE Tremonti Custom
2013 SE Zach Myers
2015 S2 Semi-Hollow

They all fit perfectly in them.
Here is my newest guitar, the S2 Semi-Hollow.

The cases are pricey, but in a pinch you could use one of these as a raft in a flood :D
They are water and dust proof, and have built in wheels to pull it behind you.

SKB Injection Molded Guitar Case, PRS Shaped Interior, TSA Latches with wheels (3i-4214-PRS)

10.jpg

I am a little OCD, but I repair guitars and amps as a business. I will be travelling a bit with this new guitar. There must be a little difference in shape - My S2 Singlecut is a solid body and when I seated the lower bout into the Les Paul case the neck came up about 1 1/2" out of the neck support. I could add a pad underneath for support but rather have a firm fit for the guitar. I may have to go with a pad - I do like the SKB cases :eek:)
When you said, in your original post, that you tried the S2 in the Les Paul case, did you mean you put it in the SKB Les Paul case or a Gibson Les Paul case?

Also, I have the SKB case that is smaller and shaped like the guitar and not the bigger rectangular case like in CoreyT's photo above.

Just wondering if we're all talking about the same cases.

I have a similar case to the one just posted above by CoreyT, except it has no wheels and is about $80 less expensive. While Corey's is the best version and is water-tight, etc., the one model just under it is also very well made and goes for about $160 at Sweetwater.

I have no PRS yet, but these cases come in a variety of designs to hold many different guitar body shapes.

When you said, in your original post, that you tried the S2 in the Les Paul case, did you mean you put it in the SKB Les Paul case or a Gibson Les Paul case?

Also, I have the SKB case that is smaller and shaped like the guitar and not the bigger rectangular case like in CoreyT's photo above.

Just wondering if we're all talking about the same cases.
The smaller SKB case - SKB-56

The smaller SKB case - SKB-56
I have decided to go with the 1SKB-56 case and I will just pad the lower bout, I found it brand new for $114 on EBay - I like the watertight one that CoreyT posted, but the beer money is a little short. I truly appreciate
the input, and I have always been open to ideas. But the 1SKB-56 goes for $149 at Sweetwater, and I did verify the dealer on EBay as a SKB dealer selling new products (EBay dealers
need to be researched). Thanks Again!

I drew an outline of a PRS SE 245 so I could cut the pad to size. I will order a pillow case that is faux fur (in black) to cover the pad so the completed look is professional (?LOL).

Last edited:
This demo is using a Gator GW-LPS-BLK case.

https://aenetwork.com/case_modification/drawing.jpg
https://aenetwork.com/case_modification/01_lp_case_no_pad.jpg
https://aenetwork.com/case_modification/02_lp_case_prs_neck_not_ok.jpg
https://aenetwork.com/case_modification/03_body_pad.jpg
https://aenetwork.com/case_modification/04_lp_case_with_body_pad.jpg
https://aenetwork.com/case_modification/05_lp_case_prs_neck_ok.jpg

Another solution would be to purchase a Gator GWE-ELEC-WIDE rectangular case made for PRS (13" wide) guitars. A perfect fit for my single- and double-cut PRS guitars. I am looking to purchase a Zach Myers model and want to put it into a LP type case.

Last edited:
Back