S2 Custom 24 or S2 Standard Satin for 200 Euro less

polluxx

Need your help

I have the options of buying either a 2022 S2 Custom 24 in the color eriza verde used but condition as new for 1599 euro, or a new S2 Standard 24 Satin charcoal for 1299 euro.
Both Pattern Thin Neck Profile

Which one would you choose and why?

They have different pickups, don't they? You might want to try them or listen to videos to see which pickups you like more.

That said, which design inspires you more? I really liked the standard but I liked the look of the custom more.

I will probably swap the pickups for Seymour Duncan 59 neck and custom 5 bridge anyway.
Do you have any idea how the two will differ in tone?

I will probably swap the pickups for Seymour Duncan 59 neck and custom 5 bridge anyway.
Do you have any idea how the two will differ in tone?
Honestly I play with gain mostly and I have SD and BK pups in 2 of em and 1 is stock...its honestly not a huge improvement with the pup swaps IMO...the stock 85/15s pups actually have the most sizzle of my 3 standards...

So you think it's not worth replacing them?
I don't like the 58/15s though, they would be on the standard satin.

Last edited:
So you think it's not worth replacing them?
I don't like the 58/15s though, they would be on the standard satin.
The 85/15s are def boomier...my standard 22 with the Duncan's are def brighter but the winner is the BK mules in my third one...youll see an improvement but it wasn't drastic in mine tbh....I always grab the one with stock pups and are pleasantly suprised....do you play clean or with gain or light breakup??

I play everything
I would grab the guitar and give it a go...play with pickup height etc...but you'll know quickly if the stock pups aren't for you...swapping pups can be a fun rabbit hole...let us know what you decide...

Hard to beat the stripped down slab mahogany / satin nitro combo for pure rock ‘n’ roll mojo. That’s what I’d pick. The caveat is, the satin nitro scratches and shows wear easily, so it will relic relatively quickly. That’s a plus in my book but it may be a minus for you. It’s hard to beat the awesome feel and resonance though.

This is tough under the circumstances of expecting to swap the pickups either way. I'd say in this instance its going to be an aesthetics preference, do you like a pickguard, do you prefer birds or dots? Choose accordingly.

This is tough under the circumstances of expecting to swap the pickups either way. I'd say in this instance its going to be an aesthetics preference, do you like a pickguard, do you prefer birds or dots? Choose accordingly.

Can’t get dots on any new PRS now, so you’re kinda screwed if you want a new PRS but you don’t like birds.

Can’t get dots on any new PRS now, so you’re kinda screwed if you want a new PRS but you don’t like birds.
There are brand new available DGT's with Moons instead of birds available on Reverb
SE & Core
They may not be 2024 but they are new and current enough

Back