Hammer Of The Gods

Is this thread about the McCarty Singlecut?
4JhQn4m.jpg

Last edited:
I can't see your pics, Les :(

Sorry, they were on Photobucket and the links stopped working.

Here’s the original pic I used to start the thread. It’s the Faded McCarty Burst, McCarty Singlecut that I named The Hammer Of The Gods. Played it tonight, in fact; still an appropriate name for this guitar, and yes, it sounds better than it looks.

EwiftyC.jpg

Last edited:

Here’s the original pic I used to start the thread. It’s the Faded McCarty Burst, McCarty Singlecut that I named The Hammer Of The Gods. Played it tonight, in fact; still an appropriate name for this guitar, and yes, it sounds better than it looks.

EwiftyC.jpg
Very nice! I think these were probably the last PRS guitars with mammoth ivory, no?

That’s what I read a few years back. I doubt I’d be able to distinguish the mammoth ivory from Corian, actually!

Prehistoric Corian. :)
The trouble was they also could not distinguish it from Loxodonta Corian. So, very valid point!

EwiftyC.jpg

What line is that, please? Core, s2, etc?

Still new to the PRS thing

What line is that, please? Core, s2, etc?

Still new to the PRS thing

It’s a Private Stock model that was called the McCarty Singlecut. Has a thicker body than the Core models, maple binding along the fretboard, Madagascar rosewood fretboard, African ribbon mahogany back, 57/08 LT pickups, 24.5 inch scale length, squared-off jumbo frets, and some secret sauce tweaks I don’t know much about, however it sounds and plays great. The birds are mammoth ivory, which, big deal, right? ;)

You can probably find out more about it searching through PRS’ website for their PS models.

I can't see your pics, Les :(
I’ll describe it to you! It’s a warm summers evening, you are standing in the Scottish Highlands, the night sky is full of stars like you have never experienced. There is a silence and all of a sudden the sky begins to sway and dance, colours you can only imagine, purples, aquamarine.....;)

Back