Goldmember

Grats Hans! looks fantastic! - The future's so bright I gotta wear shades!

That cleared customs quick!

68582d1413492859t-what-do-you-think-looks-gold-ipad-air-2-goldmember.jpg

The amber knobs just weren't doing it for me either (the stock knobs were clear). On a whim I put some faux ivory knobs (from Crazy Parts) on it. I really liked the vibe but the drapes didn't match the rug. So I ordered a set of faux ivory Phase 3 tuner buttons from John Mann.

I did try the mixed (gold and nickel) hardware thing and gold-plated parts are just a little too orange. But the hue of brass works beautifully! So, I also ordered a set of unplated brass saddles from John mann.

Finally, I yanked the plastic TRC and replaced it with a brushed black Sig Club TRC; which matches the finish of the narrow field pups perfectly. The result of the changes, in my opinion, is one of the best-looking PRS guitars I've ever owned. My wife, on the other hand, finds it hideous.

I'll try to get some better photos when the sun comes out again. That might be a few days.

EDIT: (See better photos below)

Last edited:
The amber knobs just weren't doing it for me either (the stock knobs were clear). On a whim I put some faux ivory knobs (from Crazy Parts) on it. I really liked the vibe but the drapes didn't match the rug. So I ordered a set of faux ivory Phase 3 tuner buttons from John Mann.

I did try the mixed (gold and nickel) hardware thing and gold-plated parts are just a little too orange. But the hue of brass works beautifully! So, I also ordered a set of unplated brass saddles from John mann.

Finally, I yanked the plastic TRC and replaced it with a brushed black Sig Club TRC; which matches the finish of the narrow field pups perfectly. The result of the changes, in my opinion, is one of the best-looking PRS guitars I've ever owned. My wife, on the other hand, finds it hideous.

I'll try to get some better photos when the sun comes out again. That might be a few days.

Goldmember_Front2_zpsjgy8tzqb.png

Goldmember_Top2_zpsua3b4ujt.png
Love it! Tell your wife she's wrong! Like she needs to hear it from some guy on the internet! :rolleyes:

Saw it in half and send the parts to me! That is sweet! Very unique.

I'm not sure I'd tell her she was wrong. Maybe just that a worldwide quorum of guitar geeks likes it.
She might really just be inviting Hans to continue to search for the perfect match.
Oooohhhhh, that's a good thought. I may actually have to use that sometime. Let me know midi need to send royalties :p

Yeah bro those fox knobs just totally completed the look of the guitar. That gold looks out of this world. I want my next guitar to be a SAS. Good choice!

Back