Finished My Modified SE Custom 24....

lynnj163

Jeff Lynn
Just got the last of the mods I wanted to do to my SE Custom done. Pretty happy with the way it turned out, a big improvement over stock. Definitely have a big sense of pride doing all the work myself so I wanted to share and see what everyone thought.

Mod list:
PRS 59/09 Pickups
CTS Volume Pot w/ treble bleed
Dimarzio Push pull Tone Pot w/ Paper in Oil Capacitor
Complete rewire with vintage spec push back wire
Switchcraft Output Jack
Schaller Strap Locks
Grover 406C locking tuners
Vinyl Headstock Overlay
Graphtec Tusq Nut
Custom Vinyl decal for Truss Rod Cover

Last edited:
Nice work, looks great! How do you like the new pickups/electronics?

I really didn't have any plans to change out the pickups from what I had but I found a killer deal on these pickups I couldn't pass up. Leaves me with a nice set of nickel covered Seymour Duncan JB & 59 pickups to swap into my Tremonti Custom. I've got a full set of new electronic parts to replace all the stock stuff in my Tremonti Custom as well. Can't wait until it all comes in so I can get started on it.

Thank you guys, I just got it done last night. Gonna kill me to sit at work all day and not be able to play it.

Very nice. Where did you get the vinyl headstock overlay?
I made it myself. I do sign work on the side so I designed and cut it from vinyl I had at the shop.

Thank you guys, I just got it done last night. Gonna kill me to sit at work all day and not be able to play it.

I made it myself. I do sign work on the side so I designed and cut it from vinyl I had at the shop.
Did you hand cut or machine cut the vinyl? I have a custom signature I want to do on my Santana. Like the black idea. What type of vinyl, automotive 3m? Thanks

Did you hand cut or machine cut the vinyl? I have a custom signature I want to do on my Santana. Like the black idea. What type of vinyl, automotive 3m? Thanks

Hey it's machine cut with a plotter. I used Oracal 651 vinyl in Matte black that I have at work for making indoor signs.

Fantastic Work ! How did you get and do the headstock vinyl?

Thanks! See above response.

Back