Favorite PRS TODAY?

Odd how it works, but I always seem to play the crap out guitars I have for sale; probably to help remember them.

I have been playing this one exclusively for the last week.

Funny, I've been playing my 2003 SE Soapbar for a while now. Love it! :D

P1050899.jpg

P1050897.jpg

Last edited:
Hmmmm...
Missed this thread before, so last night this was my favorite....
Jason @ Music 49 shipped this one to me a few weeks back!
KGrHqMOKnQE6YBGF9BBOtefvIbw60_57.jpg

I think they got it right a long time ago so this is one of my all time favorites, an `88 Custom-24 ...

IMG_7955.jpg

IMG_7966.jpg

My first PRS (a 1991) looked almost identical to your '88. What a gorgeous guitar!

Thanks, I have another Custom 24 from `90 with the same tobacco burst finish but it's equipped with a tune-o-matic bridge and stop tailpiece. The other major difference is the `88 is super clean, the `90 looks like it spent its entire existence with a punk-rock band. It's a great guitar though, weighs a good 8.5 lbs., Deep Dish II/ VB pups. I use it for all of the drop tuning music we play.

1990PRSCustom24Limited004.jpg

Last edited:
That is one sweet MC58. It was hard to leave the store without taking that one with me a few months back. Light, resonant and tone for days. Congrats!!!!

Hmmmm...
Missed this thread before, so last night this was my favorite....
Jason @ Music 49 shipped this one to me a few weeks back!
KGrHqMOKnQE6YBGF9BBOtefvIbw60_57.jpg

Wow, some pretty serious bling displayed on this thread. My fav is a bit of a Plain Jane but she's my one and only......

7258618134_6da1b5d35f_h.jpg

I just put 57/08's in my old, beat up McCarty standard and it sounds glorious. I don't think those pickups are coming out of there. Almost forgot how great this guitar was.

I just put 57/08's in my old, beat up McCarty standard and it sounds glorious. I don't think those pickups are coming out of there. Almost forgot how great this guitar was.
I agree, the 57/08s turned my already mighty fine McCarty into an almost unbelievably great guitar - a perfect match IMHO.

Back