Prs fiore pickups question

joshua marcus

Hey Everyone. Ive been playing my new fiore for a week now. I love the guitar, im unsure about the single coils. Is it possible to install your favorite singles in this guitar? its body mounted and seems perhaps these pickups are wider than fender pups?

Thank you!

I always suggest you live with a guitar for 30 days, unless there’s a defect that needs to be addressed. Part of that is to understand the differences between what you’re used to, and what a new guitar brings. Remember, you can always change the tone settings On the amp. A pickup change will make it different, but not necessarily better.

From looking at the pictures on the PRS website, they look very similar to Anderson pickups. They are similar to a strat pickup but without the extra bit where the wires connect. The Fiore pickups have straight sides. I found a couple on the Seymour Duncan site that look like them. I would contact either Lindy Fralin or Seymour Duncan on these to see what they can make you. Lindy could do a custom wound set.

They look like these.

NOT THESE.

I always suggest you live with a guitar for 30 days, unless there’s a defect that needs to be addressed. Part of that is to understand the differences between what you’re used to, and what a new guitar brings. Remember, you can always change the tone settings On the amp. A pickup change will make it different, but not necessarily better.
This is pretty good advice. I purchased my PRS Studio around a month ago. I bought it with the intention of changing out the 58/15 LT bridge pickup because I had them in my 594 and felt they were too weak for my use. I figured this would be no different. At first I felt it was not going to suite me and I ordered a 57/08 from the PRS store. That is what I put in my 594 and I really like those pickups in that guitar. I received the pickup but in the time it took to get here I played around with pickup adjustments on the 58/15 LT. I now feel that the pickup suits the guitar and it doesn't seem to have the same output issues I had with the ones that were in the 594. My plan now is to leave the guitar alone and if down the road I really just feel like I want more out of it, I will swap it since I have the pickup.

I would give yourself some more time with the stock pickups. I wound up lowering mine the tiniest bit lower than PRS specs and then left it alone and just played it for a while. I’ve had mine for 14 months now really like it. I wasn’t sure about the pickups at first either but that has definitely changed.

Thank you guys. I’m going to sit with it a bit. It seems to have a very modern set of pickups. They sound great when pushed. ( I mostly play the neck pup) seems like they don’t have the bell like tone and bloom of a strat that I’m used to. The higher strings are a little thin sounding. Maybe I need pup height adjustment or different gauge strings. Still playing the stock strings.

Also try lowering them some they are really nice , I think the biggest difference is the solid mounting over the pickup mount of a Strat or Silver Sky , if I would change anything it would be the split ( parallel ) of the bridge humbucker but all the rest is so good I just don't use it. the Bridge and neck together is super

Back