Does Anyone Like Pat Travers?

tabl10s

I met him at work today and we discussed slide guitar(Derek Trucks is better-played with him when he was 13, but Bonnie Raitt is prettier with a better voice). He also stated that he loves his SE.

Last edited:
Suddenly it's 1983 all over again...."snortin' whiskey, and drinkin' cocaine"

man, we listened to that live album a ton back in the formative years if the early 80s.

I saw him play at a club in Chicago in the late 80s. It was so loud I almost vomited. No kidding. It was great

One of my early heros. "Puttin it straight" is still an incredible album...
Saw the band again a few years ago. He came out and said.. " I'm Pat Travers, and this is my band, and we're going to kick your ass..."
And they did! :)

That is cool you got to meet him.
Yep, I had an album back in the early 80s, it may have been the live one.
Very great player, and I had read in one of the guitar mags I subscribe to that he plays PRS.

Found a couple of crappy live pics from the show (about 4 years ago...) showing him playing one of his PRSi....

1108-PT-PRS-02.jpg

1108-PT-PRS-01.jpg

I remember he also played an SE (singlecut??) with an upgraded pup in the bridge. I was surprised and impressed at the time.

My band had the honor of opening for him about 2 weeks ago here in St. Louis. He did an acoustic show and did 3 songs electric slide on an SE one (red with one P90). What a great guy, very down to Earth and eager to talk music! We had a blast.

84640F70-B48B-45D9-8122-FB1B74F89F6B_zpswmjwyyty.jpg

Last edited:
Found a couple of crappy live pics from the show (about 4 years ago...) showing him playing one of his PRSi....

1108-PT-PRS-02.jpg

1108-PT-PRS-01.jpg

I remember he also played an SE (singlecut??) with an upgraded pup in the bridge. I was surprised and impressed at the time.

I think he said the main ax is a '90 CE.

Just saw him last month as part of Rick Derringer's 50th anniversary show for "Hang On, Sloopy". Killed it. Someday I'll get to see him play "Stevie" live...

I had almost forgotten about Pat Travers. What a powerhouse. The closest to him I can get is that strap in those pictures. I completely geeked out PRS wise and bought that thing. I still use it...

Back