DGT

Another good one is stacked tube screamers. I use an 808 and a TS9 to do this and it sounds fantastic.
I can get behind that any day of the week, a great combo. A, B, A/B--what's not to like? Another great pedal is the Strymon Sunset. Using MIDI, you can A, B, A/B and B/A on 6 different algorithms that are top notch. 300 memorizable preset combinations as well with that. The JFET boost is really nice.

I have a DGT in a color that was done by Wildwood and I think is only 5 guitars. I like it a lot.

On to the OD pedals and amps. I have played Fender amps and amps with Fender circuits in them most of my time as a guitar player. Most OD pedals sound good through them but some do not. All Fender amps are not created equal either. I would stick to a Twin Reverb, Hot Rod Deluxe or Deluxe. All of these are good sounding amps. The way I have them listed goes from higher to lower power. I am not sure what your playing situation is. I actually have two of these models that I am thinking about selling. Too bad you were not in South Florida.

I am kind of an OD pedal junkie. I have a bunch of them. My process has been that if I try an OD pedal and I like it, I keep it. There will be a day when I am looking for that tone again. I also like having them for use with different amps. Some pedals just sound better with a Fender circuit and others sound better with a Marshall circuit.
Allegedly a lot of pedal makers use a Fender Deluxe Reverb to tune their pedal circuits.

In all honesty, I can easily afford to buy a new DGT but wife and I are just tucking away money like crazy in a final push towards retirement.

We have a plan so I don't feel right just dipping into one of our accounts for a new guitar purchase.

It is taking a lot of will power as there are a ton of cool guitars out there.
I’m doing exactly the same. So I bought a used DGT last month. Much lower on the guilt meter ;-)

You realize you are violating forum rules by not posting a picture? ;)
Yes, I apologize for that. I don't have a good photo sharing site so I can't post pictures. The color it is in is Abalone. IT is a nice blueish greenish color that looks really good in natural light. I wonder if Amazon photos works for posting them? I may have to look into that.

Yes, I apologize for that. I don't have a good photo sharing site so I can't post pictures. The color it is in is Abalone. IT is a nice blueish greenish color that looks really good in natural light. I wonder if Amazon photos works for posting them? I may have to look into that.
I googled a stock photo of an abalone DGT from Wildwood

50f34dfac34902f1cf88e6da6269ae3b.jpg

I personally use Imgur because it was relatively easy and free to set up, and you can keep your photos private from people browsing the site, but can still provide direct links to individual images for forums like this.

Back