Need suggestions on which guitars to sell

Need to get rid of two of these which ones should go?

• Gibson 58 Historic Les Paul Lemon Burst

• PRS Silversky - Moc Sand Satin

• Fender Custom Shop 1960 Reissue - Olympic White

• Fender Custom Shop 1967 Reissue - Heavy Relic SB (no COA)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ohreallynow

I currently have a core DGT, which I love and gig with all the time I have a handful of other guitars, but need to get rid of two. I have the DGT, an R8, a SS, and two custom shop strats that are returnable. I have buyers for the Les Paul and the SS but will take a hit on both.

The two strats were purchased recently and are still in the return period so I won’t take a hit on them if I return either or both. I can’t figure out how to post a pic here but the 60 strat has light relic has the COA and looks great but was $600 more than the 67 which is a heavy relic and doesn’t look as nice but plays and sounds incredible (no COA but was priced accordingly and fender confirmed its a 2022 and I can request a new COA through an authorized dealer if I keep it).

I prefer both the strats to the Silversky but not by a wide margin.

Trying to decide what to keep in this buyer’s market. Do I keep the ones that will hold value the best, keep one of each flavor, or return everything I can and sit tight with the DGT, LP, and SS.

Keep the guitars you like the best. Everything else is kind of pointless in the long run? Return the less liked strat since you don’t take a hit. Then whichever other guitar you like least. Don’t settle unless you can’t afford it.

Edit: unless you’re a strat guy that needs multiple with slight variations, then maybe keep both.

The two strats were purchased recently and are still in the return period so I won’t take a hit on them if I return either or both.
Keep the one you like best for playablilty and sound of those two unless you need 2 strats and want both to be relics. $600 isn't a make or break dollar amount on a custom shop.
I have buyers for the Les Paul and the SS but will take a hit on both.
I prefer both the strats to the Silversky but not by a wide margin.
I know it's a PRS board but this makes selling the SS a no brainer. Keep the guitars you prefer.

Keep what makes you want to pick it up and makes you smile when you play it.

I pared down guitars a year ago. The deciding factor was how much I loved playing them.

And especially how they helped me put other things toward the back of mind and simply enjoy playing for a while.

On paper, I'll guess many would think I was wrong to sell the limited run korina guitar with P90s or the incredibly well made acoustic (built when the person whose name was on the headstock was still with us), and some others. But I wasn't playing them.

The 67 plays and sounds the best even though I don’t love the relic it doesn’t have the COA. After that it’s a tie between the LP and 60s Strat with the SS ranked slightly behind.

Look wise I prefer the LP, the SS, and the white Strat. But that 67 plays and sounds incredible.

I wouldn't advise you to sell any of them
they sound like rare guitars that can't be easily replaced
and one day you will regret selling them

Back