DG30

László

Too Many Notes
Nothing to say, really. Pic of my amps. None of them is an MT15. Not that there’s anything wrong with the MT15, of course.

I just wanted to see something besides “MT15” in a thread title. :)

FGJn0my.jpg

As beautiful and totally classy as that amp and cab look, I'd still take the one on the left first. But then, yeah a DG30 would be good.

Ok, I can't lie... I'm trying to snag a Custom 20 head right now. Wish me luck!

Wow, those look really cool!!!

Nice pedal board too! I see you have 2 H9’s just like Pete Thorn does on his board.Do you use them the same way? One for chorus, Phaser, flanger & the other for delay, Reverb, etc....

X

I really need to buy the matching cab for my DG30....

Guitar Center also has a used DG50 that I can’t get outta my brain...

If I buy that first, then I’d need two matching cabs...

I also have access to David’s old McTrem that now resides on the other side of town with my buddy....

There’s too much Grissom going on up in here....

I see you have 2 H9’s just like Pete Thorn does on his board.Do you use them the same way? One for chorus, Phaser, flanger & the other for delay, Reverb, etc....
X

I actually use the H9s in a bunch of different ways, so please bear with my long answer!

H9 #1 is connected to the white expression pedal so I can mess with various parameters. I’ve also created a wah preset I like, and use the expression pedal for that as well.

One of the board’s cool features is that on the I/O connector box on the side there are normalled send/return jacks, meaning, the two H9s are normally connected directly to each other in series when nothing’s plugged into the send and return, but the connection is broken when a plug is inserted into the jacks.

This allows me to insert another piece of gear between the two H9s, or I can use one H9 in front of the amp, say for modulation, and the second H9 independently in an amp’s loop (though it’s very unusual for me to use amp loops).

Or I can route one H9 to one amp, and the other to a second amp for a wet/dry setup, which I do occasionally. It’s very flexible, and allows me to use the H9s creatively.

I use the H9s for modulation (I also have analog tremolo and chorus on the pedalboard), but I also use the insert point between the two H9s a lot.

Anyway, my favorite setup is to use H9 #1 for modulation, then I use the inserts for a tape echo Fulltone makes, and then use the second H9 for a plate reverb after the tape echo.

I really love the Eventide sound, and used an H3000 d/se in the studio for many years before going “in the box” (and have the H3000 plugin emulation on my computer). So I’m really used to the way their algorithms work.

The other thing I LOVE about the H9 is that I can’t control everything from an ipad or iphone. No squinting into little menus, no hands-and-knees-with-guitar-strapped-on knob twiddling.

Last edited:
Back