Department Of Good Stuff: My Son's Band Partybaby Will Tour With The Academy Is

László

Too Many Notes
So here's some fun stuff (for me anyway): My son Jamie's band Partybaby will be opening for The Academy Is on tour in December. The tour was just announced by both bands.

Yes (hallelujah) the tour includes a stop in my hometown, Detroit, so I'll get to see them here (and I'll probably go catch them in Chicago as well)!

The band's first single was released for streaming and received a really, really (!) great review by diymag, the British music magazine, here:

http://diymag.com/2015/08/04/partybaby-explode-into-life-with-everythings-all-right

They've gotten play on BBC-1. Kinda cool, methinks, for a California band that's pretty darn new and no one knows who they are! Well, except everyone I tell because I can't stop talking about them, but, you know, a Dad has to live vicariously...so there's that.

The tour dates are here, https://www.facebook.com/PARTYBABYLIVES, and on The Academy Is facebook page as well https://www.facebook.com/theacademyis. Tickets are via Ticketmaster if you're in a town where they're playing and you want to hear some really cool new music. TAI is a great band with a large following, so the show should be really good!

I know Jamie's band has been rehearsing every day for months, and every band member can play. They're good. So I'm looking forward to this!

Last edited:
That's really cool Les. I really liked the song you posted a couple of months ago.

Sergio, will you wander out of DG for this? Sounds like a great opportunity to get some of the Chicago area members out. Anyone in?

Sergio could drive... He'd just need to stop at the factory and boost Paul's car first.

Congrats, Les. Sounds lik a cool time. I'm sure you'll get all access passes!

Man, gonna try to hit a show, but I know I'm working late shifts. May have a couple unused days of vaca left but there was talk of us booking something in that time frame. Will have to see how everything plays out. Congrats to Jamie on the tour, I wish them much success.

Man, gonna try to hit a show, but I know I'm working late shifts. May have a couple unused days of vaca left but there was talk of us booking something in that time frame. Will have to see how everything plays out. Congrats to Jamie on the tour, I wish them much success.

Thanks Vaughn! Should be a good tour, I like both bands a lot.

Congrats Les. Sounds like the band has their act together and are really working as a team! I see the band is also pretty sharp when it comes to scheduling as they have scheduled west coast (SF & San Diego) dates for late December ;)

Congrats Les. Sounds like the band has their act together and are really working as a team! I see the band is also pretty sharp when it comes to scheduling as they have scheduled west coast (SF & San Diego) dates for late December ;)

Partybaby and most of the guys in TAI live in CA, so it's more or less the home base for both bands now, too.

You'll be happy to know that the show at the House of Blues in Chicago sold out in less than 2 hours this morning.

Yep, went on sale at 10:00 today. I was going to get 2, but they were sold out when I finally had a chance to get online at noon.

Should be great exposure for your son's band.

Sold Out!

Man, I guess we're just gonna have to party with Les at the Rock-n-roll Hilton afterparty.

Sold Out!

Man, I guess we're just gonna have to party with Les at the Rock-n-roll Hilton afterparty.

Easy killer, Les is recovering from major surgery. Better make that a pre-show party at IHOP so he doesn't have to stay up late :rock:

Easy killer, Les is recovering from major surgery. Better make that a pre-show party at IHOP so he doesn't have to stay up late :rock:

Ha! My daughter got tix for the show, so I'm probably going to see the one in Detroit, and then come to Chi for that show! Heh.

Very cool Les, my girlfriend went and saw The Academy Is with her sister less than a month ago in Chicago. She mentioned that they were going to play more dates, I don't think she got tickets for this next round.

Back