Delphi, we have a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you still at it? Havent you had enough?

What about them? What's the problem? They don't use balloons for satellites. Do you really want to poke the dragon again? Do you want me to do the pizza earth trolling again? I'll do it....or I'll just eat cheese and take a nap, that sounds better.

Anyway...satellites are non-debatable. We have tech that only works using satellite communication. Flat Earth or not, a satellite is a HARD REQUIREMENT to even use GPS monitoring systems. We have the Himawari-8 satellite that is situated over Japan. It takes a picture of Earth every 10 minutes, and a picture of Japan every 150 seconds. Its data is precise enough to be used in weather monitoring and has even been used to identify fires in Australia. Dont even start with the "we dont have pictures of satellites" crap either. Yes, we do. Here's one.
m42-satellite-gopro-nanoavionics-lead-image.jpeg

This is the first satellite to take a selfie, and it used a simple GoPro (notice the distorted curvature on the satellite edges). So again, what is the problem with satellites?
For one thing the temperature differences would make electronics melt. So these are flying around up there and never need adjustment? Also they would have to be going way faster to keep up with the earth spin (lol) at their height. Heck it could just be a signal bounced off a dome up there. Here's a good tune for you!

For one thing the temperature differences would make electronics melt. So these are flying around up there and never need adjustment? Also they would have to be going way faster to keep up with the earth spin (lol) at their height. Heck it could just be a signal bounced off a dome up there. Here's a good tune for you!
A dome...
Ah... ha... ah...
Bwahahahahahahaha!!!!

For one thing the temperature differences would make electronics melt.
I answered this issue with the Van Allen belt explanation. Moving on.
So these are flying around up there and never need adjustment?
Basic radio transmitter satellites don't really have any moving parts. There's nothing really to weather them either, because...they're in space. Some things do. The Hubble did, but it is a telescope with mirrors that needed correcting. That said, yes, satellites do have a lifespan and have to be replaced or brought back to Earth for maintenance.
Also they would have to be going way faster to keep up with the earth spin (lol) at their height. Heck it could just be a signal bounced off a dome up there.
Why? Ok Einstein, you show why they'd have to. Some already do orbit the Earth faster than the planet's rotation period. Starlink satellites orbit at 27000 kph. Some are geostationary and have an orbital period exactly the same as the Earth. Also, do explain how a signal can bounce off a transparent non-metallic dome that has water above it, a dome with zero evidence of its existence. I would pay to see those mental gymnastics.

Haven't you embarrassed yourself enough?

Einstein? That's a real insult! If you go through the Van Allen belt playing Van Halen you will survive. Space don't get hot, Space don't get cold, it's the Goldilocks space and it's always 72 degrees. My I pad won't work if it gets too hot from the sun. My direcTV dish sure looks like it's pointed at a strong angle south. It's about as believeable as Santa delivering presents to everyone.

Last edited:

Satellites have thermal control units. They are comprised of thermal radiators (for cooling) and thermal heaters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back