Delphi, we have a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
2rfjbk.jpg

Well, since moon deniers don't take breaks, neither do I.

So we have a claim about lunar Landers not being real and a poorly done meme about the Chinese landing on the dark side of the moon. Let's address that one first.

In order to explain, let's ask the question "what is the dark side of the moon?" Besides being a dope Floyd album, when you look up at the moon at night you will have noticed by now only one side faces us. The side that doesn't is referred to as the Dark Side of the Moon. Why is it we only see one side? This is a phenomenon known as tidal locking. To put it simply, the moon rotates but at a specific rate such that no matter what it will always show the same face. Tidal locking is not unique. Pluto and it's moon Charon are basically tidally locked. So therefore, we have a side of the moon we never see. But is it dark?

During the Apollo 13 mission, the crew, post the malfunctions, needed to find a way to get home in as quick a time as possible. A solution was to use the gravity of the moon to slingshot the craft back to Earth. During the traversal of the dark side, radio communications went "dark", because radio requires line of sight and you know...there's a 2000 mile rock in the way. Well ok...so dark in that sense, but what about in illumination?

Now, we gotta talk about moon phases. When we observe a moon phase, we are seeing only the illuminated part of the moon, the Sun of course being the light source. When the moon is full, the side facing us is totally illuminated, the dark side being in night. When we see a half moon, we are looking at the terminator separating night and day. When we have a new moon, it's virtually invisible to us because the side facing us is in night. Guess what part of the moon is in daytime?

Dun-dun-dun! The dark side! So there's your answer, no the dark side is not physically dark except during it's nightime.

As to the lander....you know what? I'm just going to say this: nothing I say here means anything. It's gobbledegook for those on denial, because you know....I've been indoctrinated by The Man, I'm regurgitating stuff I learned when I was six, all of this is just words. Yes, all true. Just words.

Except for one teensy problem. These words are backed by math that makes PREDICTIONS. When I say predictions I don't mean Sylvia Browne or Nostradamus, but real ones that actually come to pass. There's a reason why when you buy a calendar for a year that hasn't passed yet, it will predict the exact dates for moon phases. We can predict the time the moon reaches zenith in the sky. We can predict future eclipses with deadly accuracy. We can predict the paths of hurricanes days in advance. Math makes predictions that come true, and I get it...it's hard. The math that describes the relationship of the Earth and Moon is somewhat complex, but that doesn't make it false. You not understanding something is your problem, not a math problem.

So to finish, CCR...if you want to refute my points, please go for it, but if you can only do it with memes, then I'm afraid you and a pizza cutter have something in common: all edge, but no point.

*Mic drop*

Last edited:
Well, since moon deniers don't take breaks, neither do I.

So we have a claim about lunar Landers not being real and a poorly done meme about the Chinese landing on the dark side of the moon. Let's address that one first.

In order to explain, let's ask the question "what is the dark side of the moon?" Besides being a dope Floyd album, when you look up at the moon at night you will have noticed by now only one side faces us. The side that doesn't is referred to as the Dark Side of the Moon. Why is it we only see one side? This is a phenomenon known as tidal. To put it simply, the moon rotates but at a specific rate such that no matter what it will always show the same face. Tidal locking is not unique. Pluto and it's moon Charon are basically tidally locked. So therefore, we have a side of the moon we never see. But is it dark?

During the Apollo 13 mission, the crew, post the malfunctions, needed to find a way to get home in as quick a time as possible. A solution was to use the gravity of the moon to slingshot the craft back to Earth. During the traversal of the dark side, radio communications went "dark", because radio requires line of sight and you know...there's a 2000 mile rock in the way. Well ok...so dark in that sense, but what about in illumination?

Now, we gotta talk about moon phases. When we observe a moon phase, we are seeing only the illuminated part of the moon, the Sun of course being the light source. When the moon is full, the side facing us is totally illuminated, the dark side being in night. When we see a half moon, we are looking at the terminator separating night and day. When we have a new moon, it's virtually invisible to us because the side facing us is in night. Guess what part of the moon is in daytime?

Dun-dun-dun! The dark side! So there's your answer, no the dark side is not physically dark except during it's nightime.

As to the lander....you know what? I'm just going to say this: nothing I say here means anything. It's gobbledegook for those on denial, because you know....I've been indoctrinated by The Man, I'm regurgitating stuff I learned when I was six, all of this is just words. Yes, all true. Just words.

Except for one teensy problem. These words are backed by math that makes PREDICTIONS. When I say predictions I don't mean Sylvia Browne or Nostradamus, but real ones that actually come to pass. There's a reason why when you buy a calendar for a year that hasn't passed yet, it will predict the exact dates for moon phases. We can predict the time the moon reaches zenith in the sky. We can predict future eclipses with deadly accuracy. We can predict the paths of hurricanes days in advance. Math makes predictions that come true, and I get it...it's hard. The math that describes the relationship of the Earth and Moon is somewhat complex, but that doesn't make it false. You not understanding something is your problem, not a math problem.

So to finish, CCR...if you want to refute my points, please go for it, but if you can only do it with memes, then I'm afraid you and a pizza cutter have something in common: all edge, but no point.

*Mic drop*
XQim8ZF.jpg

No, It's easy to refute by the story that was released to the public. Hard as it is to conceive though, If you believe the Indian and Chinese moon landing with the evidence they provided you are a gullible person. Not a bad person. I do care about you and how you are being deceived. However, the intellectuals have shown that it is fake and we are tiring of explaining that to you. You say math proves it but that has nothing to do with it.

No, It's easy to refute by the story that was released to the public. Hard as it is to conceive though, If you believe the Indian and Chinese moon landing with the evidence they provided you are a gullible person. Not a bad person. I do care about you and how you are being deceived. However, the intellectuals have shown that it is fake and we are tiring of explaining that to you. You say math proves it but that has nothing to do with it.
If it's so easy to refute it, do it. Right here, right now. Do it. Quit talking about it, do it.

I know you won't, because you can't. All you have is memes and trash talk. That's ok, I can do this all day. Like fishin in a bucket.

An addendum...what "intellectuals" have shown this is fake? Who, what names? Santos Bonnaci? Also, yes math has everything to do with moon missions. Do you think we just aim a rocket at the moon and wish it good luck?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back