Deleted since I apparently broke the rules

Here are just a few threads that are not based on discussing "Discuss PRS Amplifiers, CAD Amplifiers and PRS SE Amplifiers."

You even engaged in some of them without pointing out to the OPs that this a PRS amp only forum -- any particular reason you singled my thread out?

wUeN5gn.png

za4uAZx.png

vOfSRP7.png

RNBVE1k.png

Y46SsOr.png

MpqsK7W.png

k1P66Hq.png

OGWtkoS.png

So the truth is, if we were only allowed to discuss PRS products, we couldn't talk about speakers, tubes, anything modeling, recording music, recording gear, guitar pedals, rack gear, most gear accessories, recording software, IR's, and even music and songs! PRS doesn't make or sell any of these other items, but they are all used in the production and reproduction of music, along with hundreds of other items.

And how much more valuable is "I've compared my Silver Sky with a Suhr, two Fender Custom Shop strats, an original 64 Strat, (etc.) and with my HX/DA, a JCM800 two Vox AC amps, a Dr. Z, 17 Bogners (that was for you know who) etc. than a review that says "The Silver Sky is the greatest strat ever and I love it with my PRS Custom 50. The end." We have to bring comparisons in of gear used to lend credence to our review, and honestly the more varied the gear used, the more a ringing endorsement means.

If I get a new modeler, recording software, some great new IRs, a new speaker that sounds great, or even just a cool little practice amp, I think I should be able to come here and share that with my buddies. And, if Sergio decides his Mesa Mark IV OD channel is everything he wanted but could never get out of the Mark V, I WANT TO KNOW ABOUT IT! But it's not like I own no PRS gear and am coming here to shill for another brand. If new guy who owns no PRS gear at all joins and starts a NAD thread every other day about another brand, then maybe we say something. But if that guy is playing numerous PRS guitars, maybe we let it slide...

The forum should be PRS centric, but it doesn't have to be PRS ONLY! I think you'd be surprised how quickly this place would die down, if we were strictly restricted to only talking about PRS guitars and amps.

I say live and let live.

I feel like I should be running for office after this speech. I'd like to announce my candidacy for forum president! My platform???

"DTR RULES!"

So the truth is, if we were only allowed to discuss PRS products, we couldn't talk about speakers, tubes, anything modeling, recording music, recording gear, guitar pedals, rack gear, most gear accessories, recording software, IR's, and even music and songs! PRS doesn't make or sell any of these other items, but they are all used in the production and reproduction of music, along with hundreds of other items.

And how much more valuable is "I've compared my Silver Sky with a Suhr, two Fender Custom Shop strats, an original 64 Strat, (etc.) and with my HX/DA, a JCM800 two Vox AC amps, a Dr. Z, 17 Bogners (that was for you know who) etc. than a review that says "The Silver Sky is the greatest strat ever and I love it with my PRS Custom 50. The end." We have to bring comparisons in of gear used to lend credence to our review, and honestly the more varied the gear used, the more a ringing endorsement means.

If I get a new modeler, recording software, some great new IRs, a new speaker that sounds great, or even just a cool little practice amp, I think I should be able to come here and share that with my buddies. And, if Sergio decides his Mesa Mark IV OD channel is everything he wanted but could never get out of the Mark V, I WANT TO KNOW ABOUT IT! But it's not like I own no PRS gear and am coming here to shill for another brand. If new guy who owns no PRS gear at all joins and starts a NAD thread every other day about another brand, then maybe we say something. But if that guy is playing numerous PRS guitars, maybe we let it slide...

The forum should be PRS centric, but it doesn't have to be PRS ONLY! I think you'd be surprised how quickly this place would die down, if we were strictly restricted to only talking about PRS guitars and amps.

I say live and let live.

I feel like I should be running for office after this speech. I'd like to announce my candidacy for forum president! My platform???

"DTR RULES!"
If not it would be more boring then watching paint dry or your northern lights finish fade...whichever happens first. ;)

If not it would be more boring then watching paint dry or your northern lights finish fade...whichever happens first. ;)
I can't afford Northern Lights. That's why I'd be a good forum president. I represent the little man. And woman.

In fact, I'm thinking about VP candidates who fit the "common man" theme... Bob... Scott... Ruebs. ALAN :eek:

I didn't know you were the PRS police

I see you have posted a similar comment in my other thread about a Gretsch guitar yet, you comment and engage in the conversation in other threads about non-PRS made gear --- did I offend you personally in some way as to cause you to single out my threads?

Settle down...

Yes, this is a PRS Centric board. Other things are discussed, but not as nauseam...

No, but I am...

Everybody CHILL!

Don't make me turn this car around!
Turn it around? This things steers like a cruise ship. There ain't no "turning it around." You can lean on the rudder as hard as you can, and it's more like going from due west to... very slightly northwest. And that takes miles.

We ain't whatcha call "agile."

Back