Dear Lord, Why?

Huh...that's pretty weird. I get the blade (can't STAND the bladed switching myself), but the trench dug in the back - what on Earth!?

About the guitar. Other than shock and bewilderment there are no words. I feel very concerned for this seller. Is there anybody we can call?

Holy Mother of God!!! Why?!?!?!

I too get the blade switch replacement. But a simple piece of maple cut to size and glued in place would look better! And whats wrong with using a pilot hole, a proper wood bit, and painters tape to properly drill a new hole?

Don't even get me started on the butcher on the back.

I'd be in on it for a much smaller price due to the fact that it needs an immediate trip back home!

bugs-bunny-maroon.jpg

After looking at it further - my guess - seller is not the person who did the reptile dentistry on the instrument. Wanna bet he got it from Craigslist, grabbed the parts he wanted and is selling the rest? Pots, switch and pups would probably drop into a Singlecut or other SE model.

The warranty thing had crossed my mind.

I was getting too popular so I had to kill off that persona. Thankfully nobody noticed that we're both from Downers Grove and have never been seen together... until now.

Such a pity about Miss E. :(

Does a warranty cover purposeful abuse? I don't think so.

I seriously doubt that PRS is going to repair the damage caused by a user's modifications under warranty.

Does a warranty cover purposeful abuse? I don't think so.

I seriously doubt that PRS is going to repair the damage caused by a user's modifications under warranty.
That's just a matter of coming up with a plausible explanation for why it's a manufacturing defect!

.....think, brain, think!

I wonder if the fact that it's in Texas has anything to do with the butchering...?? :rolleyes:

It could be cleaned up obviously, but still.....jeez....

"Here, hold my beer....I'm gonna try something..."
As a Born and Bred 100% Texan, I can assure you that my fine Republic is in no way whatsoever responsible for the ridiculous damage inflicted to this guitar. Poor judgement and pure stupidity knows no bounds, be they geographic, cultural, economic, racial, etc., etc., etc..

Anybody who would treat a guitar - especially a PRS - that way deserves to have their picks confiscated!

Goldtop Lloyd

I could see some serious Project potential there. Wouldn't surprise me at all if it ends up in the hands of The PTC.

Goldtop LPC

Back