Custom Work in NJ

Norseman

Norseman
So I'm kicking around the idea of getting a Floyd Rose installed on my SE Custom 24. I live in New Jersey and was wondering if anyone would suggest someone to do the job locally? Also (and I don't even know if they do this kind of thing) I'm 2.5 hours from the PRS Facility in Maryland and have family down there I could go visit if I were to drive it down there and drop it off (again ...that's if they can even do that kind of work there).

Thoughts?

While I know several experienced luthiers and amazing techs but I will say this....

You dont buy a ferrari and have it serviced at Jiffy Lube, so my guitars are treated the same way. I bought the best, and I want it to be maintained by the best - PTC all day, every day.

Especially in your case when you're talking about removing a good chunk of wood and making sure the routing is the appropriate depth and in line with the strings.

I'm going to make a suggestion based on the install costs for this type of project...it might be worth your while to look at the PRS SE Torero first...to add another axe to your collection rather than modifying your existing guitar...just a thought.

Super valid point. When you combine the install price AND the cost of the floyd itself, you're literally within the ballpark of a Torrero.

See - thats why you make the big bucks around here Bob-o! hahah

I'm going to make a suggestion based on the install costs for this type of project...it might be worth your while to look at the PRS SE Torero first...to add another axe to your collection rather than modifying your existing guitar...just a thought.

I actually have been looking at it. I want to see how much it's going to cost to get a FR installed, though. Then I have like a one-of-a-kind ya know? I mean if it's a crazy amount, then I won't do it, but if it's reasonable I would do it.

So I'm a noob ...what is PTC? And how would I contact them?

We can install the Floyd with locking nut for $775. That includes parts and labor

I see a used Torero in my future lol

I only paid $400 for the guitar used, so I'll probably consider just buying a Torero. Thanks for the quote, though!

Back