CU24 Favorite Pickups?

VHS/VB in my CE24 were not my favourites. But then again: I changed from hotter PUs to lower output ones about 10 yrs ago. Must be getting old.
I concur with you here, but I swapped my ‘89 CE-24 HFS/VB set for Thornbuckers with a Thornbucker+ model in the bridge. Nice!

Yup, gettin’ old, too. How’d that happen?! :rolleyes:

They issued a few with 53/10s, my all-time favorite PRS pickups, but finding one is rare and the pickups cannot be replicated . Those with them tend to hold on tightly.

I updated the bridge with a Mann Made brass block and saddles and it changed the character a little bit (for the better). I am definitely going to swap out the pickups now. Let’s see, I have a Dragon II set, a Dimarzio 36th set, a few custom wound PAF types that we do in the shop (a2, a5, a8), and I have a set of Seymour Duncan Jazz/JB on order. I think I will start with the Dragon II‘s and go from there. I liked these in my old Custom 22 so let’s see how they do in the SE C24.

Like the 57/08 in the bridge. For the neck I deflinately prefer the wolfetone marshallhead mk2 in my cu22. I even might prefer the dragon 2 neck. As you have guessed: I like my neck PU slimmer limbed than the bridge
Why didn't you go with a full set of the 57/08's? Bridge and neck?

I have a set of 57/08's I'm thinking about putting in my '00 CE22. The original owner replaced the orgiinal Dragon II's with Duncans.

I tried Seth Lovers in that guitar but they were too weak. Just not ballsy enough. Not enough bottom.

Antiquitys sounded better. People think the Ants and the Seths are almost the same pickup but they sound quite different.

Right now i have Suhr SSH+ and SSV pickups in it.

I like them but I'm going to switch them for either a set of 57/08's or try the BKP Abraxas pickups currently in my Bernie Marsden in that CE22.

Why didn't you go with a full set of the 57/08's? Bridge and neck?

I have a set of 57/08's I'm thinking about putting in my '00 CE22. The original owner replaced the orgiinal Dragon II's with Duncans.

I tried Seth Lovers in that guitar but they were too weak. Just not ballsy enough. Not enough bottom.

Antiquitys sounded better. People think the Ants and the Seths are almost the same pickup but they sound quite different.

Right now i have Suhr SSH+ and SSV pickups in it.

I like them but I'm going to switch them for either a set of 57/08's or try the BKP Abraxas pickups currently in my Bernie Marsden in that CE22.

My CU24 does have a full set of 57/08's. The original ones given it is from the limited 57/08 run. My CU22 on the other hand had some D2's that got the proverbial 'boot' for a set of wolfetone MH mk2.

Back