Complaint # 2, tracking info for dealers

CoreyT

PRS Addiction
Shipping...

I have ordered three PRS guitars via my local dealer, and never was he given a tracking number to track it when he received his invoice that it shipped.
No problems with the SE Santana and SE Custom 24 (both 2012 models), we just waited until they came in.

Now on my SE Tremonti Custom if you have been following my ordeal trying to get one in the Tremonti thread, had my dealer been given a tracking number for the first guitar, he would have known that PRS Shipping sent it to PA instead of my state which is WA.
He could have requested my second one be sent sooner, but he found out late when he called up his contact at PRS and she asked if he had gotten it yet, and he said no, then she found out shipping sent it to the wrong state.

Now on my second Tremonti which was shipped on Halloween, it arrived broken thanks to the UPS guys who threw it around inside of either semi trailer, or the local smaller trucks that deliver.
Chances are if he had one shipped earlier if he had known the first one was shipped to the wrong state, the replacement might have arrived unscathed.

The third one was shipped on Monday the 12th, and it should have arrived yesterday, but it did not.
My dealer put a call and email in yesterday requesting where it was, and no one got back to him.

As of right now we do not know where my third Tremonti is.
I think it would be very good for PRS to supply tracking numbers to their dealer network when they ship a guitar.
My dealer can then supply me with the tracking number too so I can see it on its long cross country journey to his store.

I have emailed Customer Service many a time requesting if they can track it for me, and I am always told that they do not have the info.
How hard would it be for them or shipping to supply the dealer network with this info?

I was really hoping to have my guitar for the holiday, but it is not going to happen now.

All I know is that everytime I ordered a guitar from a dealer...and I can include Brent, Brian Meader, Rick Hogue, Rudy's guitars, Willcutt guitars, and probably a few others I can't think of for the moment....I have always received accurate tracking from the moment the guitar left the venue it was being shipped from.

Your ordeal sounds almost like you are overseas as opposed to Domestic. Can't understand the problem.

Even on the one occassion that I ordered several of the 2011 Tree of Life models from an international dealer which wound up being shipped to me direct from PRS factory....I had tracking on all 3 of them as they left the factory.

All I know is that everytime I ordered a guitar from a dealer...and I can include Brent, Brian Meader, Rick Hogue, Rudy's guitars, Willcutt guitars, and probably a few others I can't think of for the moment....I have always received accurate tracking from the moment the guitar left the venue it was being shipped from.

He's talking about PRS providing dealers with tracking information. You're talking, if I understand correctly, about ordering a guitar that is in stock from a dealer. One is dependent on the dealer, one is dependent on PRS.

Thanks SOP.
Yes, I am talking about PRS not giving my dealer a tracking UPS number once it leaves their factory to his store.

When you plop down a huge chunk of money, you like to know where it is.

Everything else I buy online I know exactly where it is as I am provided with a tracking number.

I am hoping it shows up by today, then they can do my mods to it, and then I can pick it up Friday when they open.

Everything else you buy on line is being shipped directly to you, from a store, hence the tracking #. You have no idea about when said items are shipped to said store...

You are purchasing an item from a dealer. They give you info when they ship it. Fender doesn't let you know when they ship a guitar to a dealer. Nor does Gibson... It is not a common practice at all...

Jamie

You are purchasing an item from a dealer. They give you info when they ship it. Fender doesn't let you know when they ship a guitar to a dealer. Nor does Gibson... It is not a common practice at all...

Yeah, but (not to take over Corey's thread) he's saying that PRS doesn't give the dealers themselves tracking information. So, he's already paid and PRS has allegedly shipped it (3 times now), but he has no idea where it is. Nor does his dealer. Which, as we saw from his first order that was mistakenly sent to the wrong place, can present problems.

I agree with him though. PRS should provide their dealers with tracking information, just as the dealers provide us with tracking information when they ship to us.

I am not talking about PRS giving me the number, I am talking about them not providing my dealer with one when they ship it to him.
PRS is provided with a number once the guitar ships from them to my dealer.

Everything else you buy on line is being shipped directly to you, from a store, hence the tracking #. You have no idea about when said items are shipped to said store...

Jamie

We have a pretty limited computer system here at the factory and it does not provide tracking numbers for items shipped (guitars, amps or parts). Sorry.
As we grow, we need to consider an updated system that allows us more flexibility.

I am not talking about PRS giving me the number, I am talking about them not providing my dealer with one when they ship it to him.
PRS is provided with a number once the guitar ships from them to my dealer.

I think Jamie understood the question and was saying that most guitar manufacturers send out so many instruments that they do not provide a tracking number to dealers - the company simply provides them a time frame of when the guitar is shcheduled to arrive.

Wow, that is weird.
I ship stuff from home sometimes, automotive parts to people on my forum, and I call up UPS with the dimms and weight, where it is going, and they then give me a tracking number once the UPS guy picks it up from my managers office.

If I were you guy's, I would seriously get the tracking numbers from UPS, as in the case that my first guitar was shipped to PA and not WA, you guy's would have been emailed when the thief at that music school took possession of my first guitar sent out after he signed for it.

They have the tracking #'s....what PRS chooses to do with them is their business plan. I know it's hard to understand, but ya really need to let your dealer and Rep. ( She's ..The Best in the World) deal with things. E-mailing and callin C/S about dealer/ rep stuff probably won't get you anywhere. Happy Holidays!!!

Back