Bridge pickup height adjustment screws

93studiolite

Got Birds!
Hey guys,

I recently had some 57/08’s installed in my S2 Custom 24. I really like them, but while I was adjusting the height of the bridge pickup, I ran out of adjustment on the screws. When I took the pickup out to reattach it to the ring I tried putting the longer screws and springs from the old HFS pickup on it, but they are too long. Do I need to get a pickup ring that it taller for the bridge pickup or just deal with not having enough downward adjustment on the bridge 57/08? Thanks.

If you don't want to drill holes in your guitar, and you have a spare pickup available, try this to cut the screw: measure to find out how much you need to cut off the screw. Then screw it into that spare pickup and use a large diagonal plier to cut the screw to the right length. Then take the screw out and install it.

If you don't want to drill holes in your guitar, and you have a spare pickup available, try this to cut the screw: measure to find out how much you need to cut off the screw. Then screw it into that spare pickup and use a large diagonal plier to cut the screw to the right length. Then take the screw out and install it.

Hmmm. I’d rather not drill any new holes, but I could cut the longer screws. That’s a great idea that I didn’t think about! It does seem that I need something slightly in between the two. Thanks!

Back