Bridge Adjustment Question SC58

So, you're not a fan of M*A*S*H*...

The character Col. Potter said "horse hockey" when he heard something he disagreed with. It was not meant as an attack by him or me.

I have tried to make it clear that I bear no personal malice against you or ChrisCst22.

I give up.

Isn't it time for pie?

You're obviously not a fan of a simple apology. Regardless, I hope you learn to respect people in the future.

ANYWAY, back to point of this posting, I did lower the "dial" nuts on the saddle bridge and the intonation is just about right. It was a simple temporary fix. It plays FANTASTIC! The 57/08s are nice.

Thanks for the positive posts and links to info. That's why I come here.

Today happens to be some kind of polar vortex, and eastern Long Island is seeing record cold so I am stuck inside with my new SC58 all day.

Happy Valentines Day to ME!

So, you're not a fan of M*A*S*H*...

The character Col. Potter said "horse hockey" when he heard something he disagreed with. It was not meant as an attack by him or me.

I have tried to make it clear that I bear no personal malice against you or ChrisCst22.

I give up.

Isn't it time for pie?
It's snowing in Chicago today. I'm heading out to make a C & H recipe:

1 used aluminum pie tin, preferably dirty
1 cup dirt, worms, leaves, dog poo,etc
1 cup slushy snow
Mix well
Toss at an unsuspecting stuffed tiger, or your best girl

I'm too lazy to read all the responses, but someone undoubtedly already mentioned to make sure the truss rod is adjusted properly before adjusting the bridge or saddles. That alone could resolve the problem.

Looks like several people over reacted in this thread. That's the problem with the "written word". It can lose context.

No one died, no one was harmed. Feelings were hurt. They'll heal...

I've actually played a PRS that was adjusted to "owner specs" and I could barely play it. That's not to say that the specs were wrong, but they were wrong for me. My McCarty has always stayed at factory specs that I know of and the action is a tad high like I like it in order to grab some meat. I played a friends at a jam, and while he sounded great on it, I fumbled and fiddled around with the very low action. Everyone is a bit different.

Ive recently purchased two 2nd hand PRSi that had terribly badly set up trems. (a core and an SE) Lining up those 6 screws is not fun, but both work really well now they have been set up to the spec from the PRS webpage.

Back