Bill Cosby on Comedy Central

watelessness

did anyone else catch the Bill Cosby special on Comedy Central that came out just before Thanksgiving? i thought it was hilarious.

Yes - very funny. Bill Cosby is a guy I've loved since I was little, back when AM radio talk shows would occasionally play comedy bits. The Noah series was a favorite, and I played the snot out of his greatest hits album. The dentist bit is also a classic. Cosby was a guy I wanted to see live for years, and I finally got to when he toured after his son was killed. That was when he started putting the Hello Friend shirt on his chair on stage (it was how he son greeted people). The emotion in the room that night was thick, but he masterfully broke it.

I'm amazed at how many comedians CC is getting to do specials. I do like that they will play them uncensored late at night, and that they put them out on DVD so quickly. But people that used to go to HBO or Showtime are going to CC now. Or doing the self-released specials.

Dad is great. Gave me chocolate cake.

Cosby is a funny dude. I recently watched several interviews with him covering a variety of topics.

Caught the end of that. I am going to have to catch the rest sometime. What I saw was great. He knows how to be funny, and still be family friendly. That's pretty rare now.

Dad is great. Gave me chocolate cake.

Cosby is a funny dude. I recently watched several interviews with him covering a variety of topics.

Coop and I used to hang out and listen to a lot of Cosby. I'd check out cassettes from the local library, who had tons of them. Funny dude, that Jello guy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Uh-oh, I might be sitting here for awhile.

Coop and I used to hang out and listen to a lot of Cosby. I'd check out cassettes from the local library, who had tons of them. Funny dude, that Jello guy.

Noah, this is the lord.

Riiiiight...

So this one was a recent one, I take it?

Yep - his first special since "Himself". One of my favorite lines from that one was when someone told him cocaine would enhance your personality, and he said, "Yes, but what if you're an a$$hole?"

He did a bit about birth control that was awesome. I think it's in Himself but a quick skim didn't turn it up.

Yep - his first special since "Himself". One of my favorite lines from that one was when someone told him cocaine would enhance your personality, and he said, "Yes, but what if you're an a$$hole?"

He did a bit about birth control that was awesome. I think it's in Himself but a quick skim didn't turn it up.
Yes, the cocaine a$$hole bit is on Himself.

Back