Big THANK YOU to our moderators

IMHO only, I knew that is exactly what you were thinking. But, again, speaking ONLY for myself, I never bought for a second that it was some teenager and thought it was a troll all along, and I think some others did as well, so it did seem weird to me, that you were trying to mentor a troll. That said, I've tried to help people before because that is my nature as well, who I found out later were only using me. So, I get the mindset of helping someone who is younger or whatever. I just never bought that he was.
TBH, DTR, it did sound like the dude was a kid only because of the way he wrote...you've qualified your convo to reflect what you're saying...and yeah, totally understand the part about feeling used...that's comparatively common for a lot of online convos these days...

I can’t stand seeing innocent children suffer, or innocent animals being mistreated.
It's so painful watching the innocent suffer, often tinged with pure sadness. Two out of the three times I cried in the last few decades were when we had to put down each of our cats who grew up together with our kids.

You're welcome to visit the Fractal Forum anytime and find out for yourself.

The real reason many pile on when a naysayer complains or protests about FAS sometimes the one who complains often is new to the forum and is having issues with their product, and they contrast that to what they previously owned before buying Fractal. And yes, we're thankful for the mods and free OS upgrades that keep improving FAS products. Some are more enthusiastic than others.

Yet, an individual who is not open to reason often finds themselves on the outside looking in.

We often compare this to "building a house." Sure, the tearing down of FAS is like doing demo work on the house, in hopes of building or restoring what they've torn down. Outside, you've got your garden variety ground cover and vegetation, inside is where you find a nice place to live. Usually early on in the "building process," the demo occurs. As new householders, we all have our complaints because we're new to the neighborhood and have not quite learned how to fit in yet.

Once we've purchased the "house" we set about making it more comfortable and how we might like it ourselves. That's adding to the appliances, lighting, counter-spaces, cabinetry, and so on. We add indoor plants and decor.

You can see the parallel between how new FAS owners who speak negatively about FAS really aren't comfortable with their new product yet, so they try making adjustments and corrections so the product works better for them. If they experience difficulty or frustration, they typically vent just a little. If you're just visiting but commenting about other's behavior, you may have forgotten everyone who contributes to the forum is expected to treat others well, and avoid criticizing or making snarky comments. Like this forum.

On the Fractal Forum, they are many FAS owners and moderators who are much more experienced and can guide and direct the individual through their issue, and can typically solve it to the person's satisfaction. Only very rarely does an individual not find solutions to their issues, and if a person continues to badmouth FAS, they're kindly shown the door and told to take their complaints elsewhere.

Just like here. We may not always be a happy bunch of people there, but we don't exclude others if they don't have a clue how to work with FAS. Some of us pretend we have a clue, but we often find out we are wrong quickly. It is somewhat refreshing to be there. And yes, there are times when people enjoy themselves a tad too much. You can visit or not visit as you wish. As adults, we're reminded that we should be expected to behave as such, and adhere to forum rules.
I visit the Fractal forum. I have been a member there for many years. Feel free to look up my profile. I use the same name there. I am more than aware of how they act and have witnessed it for many years. I have seen many threads where they shoot first then maybe try to help if they feel like it. I could name a few of the folks that tend to do that but won't. This is not new behavior for that group. It has been this way since I first signed up. I used to try to help people on there and have even been attacked while assisting people. There is a reason my post count there is relatively low for the length of time I have been on the forum, as I pointed out to one of the mods when he piled on me in a thread. This attitude starts at the top and always has.

Back