Big THANK YOU to our moderators

They have decent mods over there. Just don't say anything critical of a FAS product. The tar and feathers come out really fast. The mods let that happen and sometimes participate in it. That is when they are not as good.
You're welcome to visit the Fractal Forum anytime and find out for yourself.

The real reason many pile on when a naysayer complains or protests about FAS sometimes the one who complains often is new to the forum and is having issues with their product, and they contrast that to what they previously owned before buying Fractal. And yes, we're thankful for the mods and free OS upgrades that keep improving FAS products. Some are more enthusiastic than others.

Yet, an individual who is not open to reason often finds themselves on the outside looking in.

We often compare this to "building a house." Sure, the tearing down of FAS is like doing demo work on the house, in hopes of building or restoring what they've torn down. Outside, you've got your garden variety ground cover and vegetation, inside is where you find a nice place to live. Usually early on in the "building process," the demo occurs. As new householders, we all have our complaints because we're new to the neighborhood and have not quite learned how to fit in yet.

Once we've purchased the "house" we set about making it more comfortable and how we might like it ourselves. That's adding to the appliances, lighting, counter-spaces, cabinetry, and so on. We add indoor plants and decor.

You can see the parallel between how new FAS owners who speak negatively about FAS really aren't comfortable with their new product yet, so they try making adjustments and corrections so the product works better for them. If they experience difficulty or frustration, they typically vent just a little. If you're just visiting but commenting about other's behavior, you may have forgotten everyone who contributes to the forum is expected to treat others well, and avoid criticizing or making snarky comments. Like this forum.

On the Fractal Forum, they are many FAS owners and moderators who are much more experienced and can guide and direct the individual through their issue, and can typically solve it to the person's satisfaction. Only very rarely does an individual not find solutions to their issues, and if a person continues to badmouth FAS, they're kindly shown the door and told to take their complaints elsewhere.

Just like here. We may not always be a happy bunch of people there, but we don't exclude others if they don't have a clue how to work with FAS. Some of us pretend we have a clue, but we often find out we are wrong quickly. It is somewhat refreshing to be there. And yes, there are times when people enjoy themselves a tad too much. You can visit or not visit as you wish. As adults, we're reminded that we should be expected to behave as such, and adhere to forum rules.

Last edited:
I got permabanned on TGP. Moderation there has gone to extreme levels of absurdity. Lot of oversensitive folks there who mash the report button and the newer mods are just all too eager to hand out infractions left and right. Doesn't matter the infraction level. 5 strikes and you are gone. Folks there with 10+ year accounts have gotten permanent bans. Certainly not the place it used to be.

Gotta hand it to this forum. We can duke it out from time to time and moderation just lets the forum self police, which is good.

Figured I'd stop in and say hi to all the fanbois. I have a buddy who I had no idea was lusting for a DGT and he's giving me the itch for a 594 of some sort.

I got permabanned on TGP. Moderation there has gone to extreme levels of absurdity. Lot of oversensitive folks there who mash the report button and the newer mods are just all too eager to hand out infractions left and right. Doesn't matter the infraction level. 5 strikes and you are gone. Folks there with 10+ year accounts have gotten permanent bans. Certainly not the place it used to be.

Gotta hand it to this forum. We can duke it out from time to time and moderation just lets the forum self police, which is good.

Figured I'd stop in and say hi to all the fanbois. I have a buddy who I had no idea was lusting for a DGT and he's giving me the itch for a 594 of some sort.
If we had any moderation, you would get banned here years ago. You are pressing people's buttons on this forum for years. You are known as a PRS hater; I believe it was Sergio who referred you as such during one of your anti-PRS rants on TGP before you got kicked

I mean, common dude :rolleyes:

Stay away from TGP. I replied to a thread there about a Fractal thing and had two guys coming at me for sharing my experience with a Fractal unit and my thoughts. I was being treated like I was doing something wrong and that is why I was having an issue. The funny thing is, I never said I had an issue. I called one of them a fanboy and that ticked him off. I told him I called him that because he came at me trying to solve a problem I don't have and was discounting my experience with the unit. That has to be the biggest fanboy community that I have ever run into on the internet. I told one of their mods that I have been a member of that forum for a very long time and have a low post count for a reason. Unless you are singing the praises of Cliff you get attacked.
I visit TGP to read posts about specific gear I'm interested in. But I never post there. Too easy to get drawn into an argument with someone you don't even know or want to know!

Last edited:
If we had any moderation, you would get banned here years ago. You are pressing people's buttons on this forum for years. You are known as a PRS hater; I believe it was Sergio who referred you as such during one of your anti-PRS rants on TGP before you got kicked

I mean, common dude :rolleyes:

Oh come on... PRS Hater? I've owned plenty. Will own more. I just see myself as a lover of guitars in general and not brand loyal. That has always made me an oddity around here. Sorry if it rubs you the wrong way :) Still waiting for the Herman Li sig. Will pre-order day #1 on that. But, 594 could suffice for now.

What about the cult part?
I thought that was what you were referring to.
I personally think in a different way. I "cultivate," and am not a leader/follower of cults. It requires work, and involves various methods which nuture growth. By contrast, many people "fish." They put bait on a hook and plunk a line into the water, and wait so they can catch something. I really don't like "fishing" because while it may cover key points of learning (Q/A) sometimes what you "catch" isn't quality fish. I think you know what I'm saying, but again, I'm not one for "fishing."

I personally think in a different way. I "cultivate," and am not a leader/follower of cults. It requires work, and involves various methods which nuture growth. By contrast, many people "fish." They put bait on a hook and plunk a line into the water, and wait so they can catch something. I really don't like "fishing" because while it may cover key points of learning (Q/A) sometimes what you "catch" isn't quality fish. I think you know what I'm saying, but again, I'm not one for "fishing."
Oh! That’s right. I forgot that you’re also a ”projector”.
Now I remember.
Carry on.

Oh! That’s right. I forgot that you’re also a ”projector”.
Now I remember.
Carry on.
You've got me confused with someone else. "Projector" in what way? If you're saying "projects onto others," no, that's not my style. Many people, "talk," but my words would have included "we," "us," "they," or "them," if I were speaking to include a larger group.

You had asked me a question, I tried to answer it. Don't worry about me; it's how many of us, me included, who view the larger world that is worrisome. If you need to talk to someone, that's why we're here on this forum. It's a place where we can speak about just about anything just so it doesn't go against forum rules.

And @dmatthews, don't worry about this. Life is too short, panties in a bunch, starch in my collar, missing the point, etc. :)

Last edited:
You've got me confused with someone else. "Projector" in what way? If you're saying "projects onto others," no, that's not my style. Many people, "talk," but my words would have included "we," "us," "they," or "them," if I were speaking to include a larger group.

You had asked me a question, I tried to answer it. Don't worry about me; it's how many of us, me included, who view the larger world that is worrisome. If you need to talk to someone, that's why we're here on this forum. It's a place where we can speak about just about anything just so it doesn't go against forum rules.

And @dmatthews, don't worry about this. Life is too short, panties in a bunch, starch in my collar, missing the point, etc. :)
I had forgotten all about PRSfanboy46.

Back