Big THANK YOU to our moderators

Prina

Avoiding imperial entanglements
This popped up on Fractal's forum yesterday and seems like it applies perfectly here too, just change 'FAS' to 'PRS'. It also made me think of how a recent thread here on pickups hilariously detoured into hot dogs & involved many of the usual suspects.

I thought about how good we have it here with the moderators who spend their time consistently monitoring discussions.

It's refreshing to have a forum where discussions are allowed, even if they may not fully support FAS products, and people are able to voice their frustrations, ask questions and offer opinions within the boundaries of the Forum rules. I know there's no way I could do what they do, not enough patience with keyboard warriors.

Just thought a simple "Thank you" was in order.

This popped up on Fractal's forum yesterday and seems like it applies perfectly here too, just change 'FAS' to 'PRS'. It also made me think of how a recent thread here on pickups hilariously detoured into hot dogs & involved many of the usual suspects.
They have decent mods over there. Just don't say anything critical of a FAS product. The tar and feathers come out really fast. The mods let that happen and sometimes participate in it. That is when they are not as good.

We have mods, but as they've said numerous times in the past, they're not monitoring threads. If something happens and you don't report it, it's like a tree falling on your wife with no witnesses. Nothing will happen.

And yet, we have had very few situations get contentious. Usually it's when someone comes in guns ablazin' and won't listen to anyone trying to help them or explain why a situation may be what it is.

Even when the mods get involved, it's never heavy-handed, and I say that as someone who has had his hand slapped for going over the line. You really have to push them for the mods take things to the next level.

They have decent mods over there. Just don't say anything critical of a FAS product. The tar and feathers come out really fast. The mods let that happen and sometimes participate in it. That is when they are not as good.
I had an issue over there a few months back. I tested and documented the CPU % for every "block" on the Axe FXIII so that users could decide what blocks they may want to use to save from overclocking. I was met with scorn for trying to "outdo" cliff, and nobody wanted to get on board for the next firmware release to help update those numbers. This of course has nothing to do with moderators but rather with participants. I will be doing a v21 update hopefully in the next month or so, but it will take me about 4-5 hours to do it, so I need to find that time ;~)) All that said, I have never been a forum participant until I joined here, and this and fractal are the only ones I am active on and am active on them for the knowledge as well as the fun and games.

I had an issue over there a few months back. I tested and documented the CPU % for every "block" on the Axe FXIII so that users could decide what blocks they may want to use to save from overclocking. I was met with scorn for trying to "outdo" cliff, and nobody wanted to get on board for the next firmware release to help update those numbers. This of course has nothing to do with moderators but rather with participants. I will be doing a v21 update hopefully in the next month or so, but it will take me about 4-5 hours to do it, so I need to find that time ;~)) All that said, I have never been a forum participant until I joined here, and this and fractal are the only ones I am active on and am active on them for the knowledge as well as the fun and games.
Stay away from TGP. I replied to a thread there about a Fractal thing and had two guys coming at me for sharing my experience with a Fractal unit and my thoughts. I was being treated like I was doing something wrong and that is why I was having an issue. The funny thing is, I never said I had an issue. I called one of them a fanboy and that ticked him off. I told him I called him that because he came at me trying to solve a problem I don't have and was discounting my experience with the unit. That has to be the biggest fanboy community that I have ever run into on the internet. I told one of their mods that I have been a member of that forum for a very long time and have a low post count for a reason. Unless you are singing the praises of Cliff you get attacked.

this and fractal are the only ones I am active on and am active on them for the knowledge as well as the fun and games.
Same here.

Also, this all reminded me of some rules of conduct of an annual horseback ride from decades ago:
Don't screw around with some son of a b**** who does not want to be screwed with.

If you have a prank in mind, make it classy, not raunchy. Drinking, wrestling, water throwing, etc. is part of our tradition, but be advised there is a limit.

If you choose not to participate, get the hell out of the combat zone.

Destruction of private or public property will be charged to and paid for by those involved.

You are a privileged individual to be on the ride. This is a horseback ride with incidental hell raising. It is not a stag party with incidental horseback riding.

No drugs or fireworks. Unsafe or illegal behavior may cause you to be sent home early, at your expense.

Same here.

Also, this all reminded me of some rules of conduct of an annual horseback ride from decades ago:
Don't screw around with some son of a b**** who does not want to be screwed with.

If you have a prank in mind, make it classy, not raunchy. Drinking, wrestling, water throwing, etc. is part of our tradition, but be advised there is a limit.

If you choose not to participate, get the hell out of the combat zone.

Destruction of private or public property will be charged to and paid for by those involved.

You are a privileged individual to be on the ride. This is a horseback ride with incidental hell raising. It is not a stag party with incidental horseback riding.

No drugs or fireworks. Unsafe or illegal behavior may cause you to be sent home early, at your expense.
Thank God alcohol wasn't in that list.

Stay away from TGP. I replied to a thread there about a Fractal thing and had two guys coming at me for sharing my experience with a Fractal unit and my thoughts. I was being treated like I was doing something wrong and that is why I was having an issue. The funny thing is, I never said I had an issue. I called one of them a fanboy and that ticked him off. I told him I called him that because he came at me trying to solve a problem I don't have and was discounting my experience with the unit. That has to be the biggest fanboy community that I have ever run into on the internet. I told one of their mods that I have been a member of that forum for a very long time and have a low post count for a reason. Unless you are singing the praises of Cliff you get attacked.
And the funny thing there is, Cliff got banned late last year for a bit! Never been on TGP that I recall except to read some post that DTR said he had been in hot water over. Don't need it either!! Just extra clutter in my already crowded digital world!!!

Dude, don’t say that. We have an amazingly deep base of fanboys here too. We’re all friends.

Back